Tuesday's scouting report: Diamondbacks at Pirates
• Jeff Locke has gone 1-1 with a 3.74 ERA over his past five starts. He left three of those games with the lead, only to be the victim of a blown save. In two career outings (one start) vs. the Diamondbacks, Locke is 0-1 with a 14.40 ERA. He yielded eight runs on 10 hits in 22⁄3 IP on Aug. 17, 2013 at PNC Park. He tossed 21⁄3 scoreless innings of relief Aug. 9, 2012.
• Andrew McCutchen is riding an eight-game hitting streak and went 36 for 105 in June. Since the start of the 2012 season, McCutchen leads all NL players with 474 hits. He has a .342 average at PNC Park this year.
Sunday, manager Clint Hurdle indicated rookie RF Gregory Polanco will get the day off Tuesday vs. the Diamondbacks. “It's a good time for him to catch his breath,” Hurdle said. Polanco's average is down to .288 after going hitless in his past 12 at-bats.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Worley raring to go after skipping last start
- Pirates find a bridge at end of baseball world
- Pirates’ 5-game winning streak ends with 1-0 loss to Brewers
- Sunday’s scouting report: Brewers at Pirates
- Pirates notebook: Morton scratched from Sunday’s start
- Martin’s homer rescues Pirates in 4-2 victory over Brewers
- Saturday’s scouting report: Brewers at Pirates
- Pirates analyst Kent Tekulve recovering after heart transplant
- Stats speak: Sliders stand between Pirates, playoffs
- New approach on offense has Pirates in playoff contention this season
- Pitt notebook: Expanded game plan likely awaits Iowa