Friday's scouting report: Pirates at Reds
• One day after 2B Brandon Phillips sprained his wrist, the Reds on Thursday called up INF Kristopher Negron from Triple-A Louisville. Negron can play 2B, 3B, SS and all three OF spots. He was the Red Sox's seventh-round draft pick in 2006 and was traded to the Reds in 2009 for SS Alex Gonzalez. At Louisville, Negron batted .269 with 15 doubles and nine stolen bases. He played in four games with the Reds in 2012.
• Since the start of the 2009 season, Andrew McCutchen has 17 HRs vs. the Reds, the most against them by any players in the majors. McCutchen has hit safely in nine of 10 games this season against Cincinnati, going 15 for 39 (.385), including three doubles and three homers.
Josh Harrison is the first former University of Cincinnati player to be named to the All-Star team since Kevin Youkilis (2008, 2009, 2011). Harrison ranks among Cincy's all-time top 10 in career average (.358), runs (192), stolen bases (63) and on-base percentage (.439).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates notebook: Struggling Polanco held out of starting lineup
- Pirates win 5th straight as offense continues to click in win over Marlins
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Marlins, May 27, 2015
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Marlins, May 26, 2015
- Pirates notebook: Morton’s return to Pirates means Liz leaves
- Starter Liriano strikes out 12, leads Pirates to series sweep of Mets
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- Pirates notebook: Substance rule a sticky subject
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Mets, May 23, 2015
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Rossi: Hurdle needs better players, not blame