Friday's scouting report: Pirates at Reds
• One day after 2B Brandon Phillips sprained his wrist, the Reds on Thursday called up INF Kristopher Negron from Triple-A Louisville. Negron can play 2B, 3B, SS and all three OF spots. He was the Red Sox's seventh-round draft pick in 2006 and was traded to the Reds in 2009 for SS Alex Gonzalez. At Louisville, Negron batted .269 with 15 doubles and nine stolen bases. He played in four games with the Reds in 2012.
• Since the start of the 2009 season, Andrew McCutchen has 17 HRs vs. the Reds, the most against them by any players in the majors. McCutchen has hit safely in nine of 10 games this season against Cincinnati, going 15 for 39 (.385), including three doubles and three homers.
Josh Harrison is the first former University of Cincinnati player to be named to the All-Star team since Kevin Youkilis (2008, 2009, 2011). Harrison ranks among Cincy's all-time top 10 in career average (.358), runs (192), stolen bases (63) and on-base percentage (.439).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Is it time for Kang to head to Indy?
- Sanchez odd man out with Pirates recalling Stewart
- Marte’s bat, Worley’s arm show improvement in Pirates win
- Pirates get ready to face Brewers pitcher Nelson, hope for better results
- Gameday: Pirates vs./at Opponent, Month Day, Year
- Pirates love home cooking provided at PNC Park
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Brewers, April 17, 2015
- Gameday: Pirates at Brewers, April 12, 2015
- Rossi: After home opener, Pirates fans must show
- Pirates notebook: Burnett, Cervelli rekindle bond
- Rossi: Life without Martin will be all right