Friday's scouting report: Pirates at Reds
• One day after 2B Brandon Phillips sprained his wrist, the Reds on Thursday called up INF Kristopher Negron from Triple-A Louisville. Negron can play 2B, 3B, SS and all three OF spots. He was the Red Sox's seventh-round draft pick in 2006 and was traded to the Reds in 2009 for SS Alex Gonzalez. At Louisville, Negron batted .269 with 15 doubles and nine stolen bases. He played in four games with the Reds in 2012.
• Since the start of the 2009 season, Andrew McCutchen has 17 HRs vs. the Reds, the most against them by any players in the majors. McCutchen has hit safely in nine of 10 games this season against Cincinnati, going 15 for 39 (.385), including three doubles and three homers.
Josh Harrison is the first former University of Cincinnati player to be named to the All-Star team since Kevin Youkilis (2008, 2009, 2011). Harrison ranks among Cincy's all-time top 10 in career average (.358), runs (192), stolen bases (63) and on-base percentage (.439).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Harrison shines again as Pirates clip Reds, 2-1
- Pirates notebook: Lambo recalled to bolster bench
- Saturday’s scouting report: Reds at Pirates
- Pirates starting pitcher Cole growing in his 1st full major-league season
- Statistically speaking: Can Pirates contain Hamilton on bases
- Pirates send Polanco to Triple-A Indianapolis; Tabata, Barmes return
- Starkey: Bucs still battlin’
- Pirates notebook: Breakout of catching prospect Diaz a pleasant surprise
- Pirates down Cardinals, inch closer in wild-card chase
- Friday’s scouting report: Reds at Pirates
- McCutchen says he’s not 100 percent, but ‘good enough’ to play