Sunday's scouting report: Pirates at Reds
• Francisco Liriano hasn't pitched in a big league game since June 10, when he strained his left oblique during a start vs. the Cubs. Today's outing will be a success if Liriano shows he's healthy and if the Pirates give him some run support for a change. He's gotten more than two runs of support while he's been on the mound in just two of his 14 starts. Liriano is 1-3 with a 2.84 ERA in six road starts this season.
• Reds CF Billy Hamilton went 3 for 5 Friday in the comeback win over the Pirates. It's the 10th time in 88 games that Hamilton has gotten three or more hits. According to Elias, only two Reds rookies in the past 60 years have had 10 games with three-plus hits in their first 88 games of a season. The other two were Tommy Helms in 1966 and Joey Votto in 2008.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former pitcher Allie happily adjusting to outfield
- Biertempfel: Despite Marte’s inconsistency, Pirates’ Hurdle keeping faith
- Book details secret to Pirates’ turnaround
- Pirates chase Mets’ Harvey early in rout
- Going the distance no longer part of the game
- THE BLAME GAME
- Pirates’ McCutchen laughs off pay stub leak
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Mets, May 24, 2015
- Burnett’s strong start helps Pirates end 4-game skid
- Pirates notebook: Kang earns more time at shortstop