Sunday's scouting report: Pirates at Reds
• Francisco Liriano hasn't pitched in a big league game since June 10, when he strained his left oblique during a start vs. the Cubs. Today's outing will be a success if Liriano shows he's healthy and if the Pirates give him some run support for a change. He's gotten more than two runs of support while he's been on the mound in just two of his 14 starts. Liriano is 1-3 with a 2.84 ERA in six road starts this season.
• Reds CF Billy Hamilton went 3 for 5 Friday in the comeback win over the Pirates. It's the 10th time in 88 games that Hamilton has gotten three or more hits. According to Elias, only two Reds rookies in the past 60 years have had 10 games with three-plus hits in their first 88 games of a season. The other two were Tommy Helms in 1966 and Joey Votto in 2008.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates pitcher Locke fighting for 5th spot in starting rotation
- Rossi: Kang would benefit from less attention
- Pirates notebook: Morton lacks efficiency in spring training debut
- Spring training breakdown: Yankees 2, Pirates 1
- Pirates look to put more pressure on opposition with better baserunning
- Burnett’s farewell tour wishlist has just 1 item: Pirates World Series
- Pirates notebook: Team has big plans for newcomer Kang
- Pirates notebook: Infield prospect Hanson used to playing elders
- Rossi: Pirates better with Maz on scene
- Pirates notebook: Hart ‘down a few days’ after cutting foot