Sunday's scouting report: Pirates at Reds
• Francisco Liriano hasn't pitched in a big league game since June 10, when he strained his left oblique during a start vs. the Cubs. Today's outing will be a success if Liriano shows he's healthy and if the Pirates give him some run support for a change. He's gotten more than two runs of support while he's been on the mound in just two of his 14 starts. Liriano is 1-3 with a 2.84 ERA in six road starts this season.
• Reds CF Billy Hamilton went 3 for 5 Friday in the comeback win over the Pirates. It's the 10th time in 88 games that Hamilton has gotten three or more hits. According to Elias, only two Reds rookies in the past 60 years have had 10 games with three-plus hits in their first 88 games of a season. The other two were Tommy Helms in 1966 and Joey Votto in 2008.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lambo no longer in limbo with Pirates
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- Wednesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Saturday’s scouting report: Reds at Pirates
- Pirates notebook: Lambo recalled to bolster bench
- Pirates edge Reds, 3-2, for 4th consecutive victory
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals