Xxxday's scouting report: Pirates at Giants
Pirates beat reporter Rob Biertempfel 's inside look at Wednesday's game:
• Charlie Morton will make his 22nd start of the season. He is 3-3 with a 3.51 ERA in his past nine starts. In his past five road starts, Morton is 0-3. He is 3-4 with a 2.51 ERA in 10 career starts against the Giants.
• Two-time Cy Young Award winner Tim Lincecum will make his 22nd start of the year. In eight career starts vs. the Pirates, Lincecum is 2-4 with a 4.86 ERA. However, he has done well against them at AT&T Park, going 2-1 with a 3.98 ERA.
Any interest the Pirates might have had in trading for RHP A.J. Burnett appears to have been doused. Burnett won't give any assurances he'll retire after this season (sound familiar?), so any team that acquires him could be on the hook for his 2015 contract option, which will be worth up to $14.25 million.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Volquez open to re-signing with team
- Liriano, McCutchen help Pirates to 1-0 win over Braves
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Braves
- Pirates find a bridge at end of baseball world in Holdzkom
- Rossi: The series that will define these Pirates
- Pirates notebook: Bucs set single-season attendance record
- New approach on offense has Pirates in playoff contention this season
- Sunday’s scouting report: Brewers at Pirates
- Pirates notebook: Morton scratched from Sunday’s start
- Pirates notebook: Morton to start Tuesday against Red Sox
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle quiet on rotation plans