Saturday's scouting report: Pirates at Diamondbacks
Rookie Chase Anderson has been a worse pitcher at Chase Field (3.79 ERA, .275 BAA, .317 BAbip in seven starts) than on the road (2.67 ERA, .223 BAA, .254 BAbip in five starts) this season. However, the Pirates knocked him around a bit July 2 at PNC Park (three runs in 3 2⁄3 IP). Anderson's strikeout rate is decent at any venue (2.83 SO/BB at home, 2.17 SO/BB away). In his past three starts, he is 1-0 with a 1.89 ERA.
• Neil Walker leads NL second basemen in home runs (16). Since the start of last season, Walker has 32 homers, which ties him with the Mariners' Robinson Cano for second most among big league second basemen. Brian Dozier leads with 37.
It's too bad A.J. Burnett, who's a huge fan of “The Walking Dead” TV series, wasn't traded back to the Pirates. At Saturday's Pirates-Diamondbacks game at Chase Field, the first 20,000 fans will get a zombie bobblehead.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hammel, Cubs shut down Pirates, snapping 5-game winning streak
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle says playing 1 position should benefit Harrison
- Starting rotation powers Pirates’ surge
- Fan injured by flying bat at Pirates-Cubs game at Wrigley
- Gameday: Pirates at Cubs, April 28, 2015
- Biertempfel: Observations from a day at the ballpark
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- Pirates notebook: Marte, McCutchen out of starting lineup in series finale
- Pirates notebook: Miffed Melancon finds success, will stick with his routine
- Gameday: Pirates at Diamondbacks, April 26, 2015
- Burnett’s stellar start paves way for Pirates’ victory over Diamondbacks