Sunday's scouting report: Pirates at Diamondbacks
• This will be just the second time Francisco Liriano has faced the Diamondbacks. In May 2011, when he was pitching for the Twins, Liriano got a no-decision in an interleague game at Chase Field. The lefty gave up two runs and six hits in six innings and dodged the loss when the Twins tied the game in the seventh inning.
• Trevor Cahill has held opponents to three runs or fewer in each of his past three starts. He has made seven starts and 15 relief appearances. In three starts versus the Pirates, Cahill is 2-1 with a 4.08 ERA.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Pirates tender deals to 11 players, cut ties with Sanchez
- Ex-Pirate Parker fights against Parkinson’s with optimistic attitude
- MLB notebook: Pirates’ Liriano gets $2 million bonus as part of 3-year, $39 million deal
- Pirates notebook: New catcher Cervelli eager to bond with staff
- Pirates notebook: Pirates open to signing Walker to extension
- Pirates notebook: Team ‘more relevant’ as Winter Meetings end
- Pirates trade for left-handed reliever Bastardo
- Pirates notebook: Trade talks continue, but no deals imminent
- Pirates re-sign Liriano to 3-year, $39M contract
- Pirates’ struggling catcher Sanchez sent home from Dominican Winter League