Friday's scouting report: Pirates at Brewers
• Since coming off the disabled list (strained left hamstring) on June 4, Brewers 3B Aramis Ramirez ranks second in the NL in batting average (.325) behind the Phillies' Ben Revere (.336). In that span, Ramirez also has collected eight home runs and 36 RBIs. He is the first Brewers player to start the All-Star Game at third base.
• Brewers RHP Yovani Gallardo will make his 26th start of the season and fifth against the Pirates. In his last start, Gallardo gave up one run over eight innings — his longest outing of the season — and picked up the win vs. the Dodgers. He has made 17 quality starts this season, and the Brewers are 12-13 in his starts. Opponents are batting .250 against him. In 24 career starts vs. the Pirates, Gallardo is 12-4 with a 2.57 ERA.
The Pirates are 1-5 at Miller Park this season after going 5-4 there last year. They lost 22 consecutive games in Milwaukee from 2007 to 2010.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Pirates GM Huntington shifts focus to bullpen help
- Rossi: Liriano deal good start for Pirates
- Pirates notebook: New catcher Cervelli eager to bond with staff
- MLB notebook: Pirates’ Liriano gets $2 million bonus as part of 3-year, $39 million deal