Friday's scouting report: Pirates at Brewers
• Since coming off the disabled list (strained left hamstring) on June 4, Brewers 3B Aramis Ramirez ranks second in the NL in batting average (.325) behind the Phillies' Ben Revere (.336). In that span, Ramirez also has collected eight home runs and 36 RBIs. He is the first Brewers player to start the All-Star Game at third base.
• Brewers RHP Yovani Gallardo will make his 26th start of the season and fifth against the Pirates. In his last start, Gallardo gave up one run over eight innings — his longest outing of the season — and picked up the win vs. the Dodgers. He has made 17 quality starts this season, and the Brewers are 12-13 in his starts. Opponents are batting .250 against him. In 24 career starts vs. the Pirates, Gallardo is 12-4 with a 2.57 ERA.
The Pirates are 1-5 at Miller Park this season after going 5-4 there last year. They lost 22 consecutive games in Milwaukee from 2007 to 2010.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates star McCutchen marries in private ceremony
- Pirates cut ties with Davis, clearing path for Alvarez to play first base
- Pirates ready to protect top pitching prospects from Rule 5 draft
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Rossi: Pirates don’t need Alvarez at first base
- Pirates notebook: Team offered catcher Martin 4-year contract