Tuesday's scouting report: Cardinals at Pirates
• SS Jhonny Peralta has been the Cardinals' hottest hitter, batting .350 over the 15 games leading up to this series. In 10 games versus the Pirates, Peralta has hit .371 with three homers. Peralta went into this series 12 shy of 1,500 career hits and one shy of 175 career homers. With 18 homers, he's set the Cardinals' single-season record by a shortstop. He leads the team with 51 extra-base hits this year.
• When he throws his first pitch Tuesday, Lance Lynn will make his team-high 27th start. It will be the third time he has faced the Pirates this year. He beat them July 9 at Busch Stadium and took a loss May 10 at PNC Park. Lynn is 5-1 this year vs. NL Central opponents. Lynn is 3-0 with a 1.75 ERA this month. In seven career games (five starts) at PNC Park, Lynn is 2-2 with a 5.17 ERA.
Police in Bristol, Va., arrested a man who allegedly broke into the short-season Single-A Bristol Pirates clubhouse and stole $10,000 worth of items, including team laptops, cameras and personal electronics.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Padres, May 29, 2015
- Pirates’ Morton hopes he’s past injury-riddled part of career
- Pirates pitching prospect Kingham undergoes Tommy John surgery
- Starkey: Kang story of the year for Pirates
- Pirates use big 7th inning to sweep Marlins, stretch winning streak
- Gameday: Pirates at Padres, May 28, 2015
- Pirates notebook: Struggling Polanco held out of starting lineup
- Pirates notebook: Alvarez having success looking the other way
- Pirates notebook: Morton’s return to Pirates means Liz leaves
- Pirates chase Mets’ Harvey early in rout
- Book details secret to Pirates’ turnaround