Spring training breakdown: Pirates 6, Blue Jays 4
Ouch: Starling Marte is still a ball magnet at the plate. In his first at-bat, Marte was plunked on the hand by RHP Brandon Morrow. Last season, Marte was second in the NL with 24 HBP.
Back on track: After going hitless in his first two at-bats this spring, Neil Walker singled in each of his first two trips to the plate.
Nice grab: Running hard to his right, RF Jose Tabata snagged a sinking liner by Dan Johnson.
Stock up: RF Travis Snider had three hits, including a two-run homer to center field in the third inning. Going back to Monday, Snider has hits in four straight at-bats.
Stock down: Fringy bullpen guys. Duke Welker gave up two runs in two-thirds of an inning. Jake Brigham hit a batter with the bases loaded and yielded two runs in the fourth.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Distracted Steelers show nothing in loss to Eagles
- Records: Steelers RB Bell admitted smoking pot before traffic stop but denied being high
- Quaker Valley’s Conlan to attend William & Mary
- Indiana Township police on lookout for loose alligator
- Pitcairn police department to carry Narcan for heroin overdoses
- Utility regulator seeks $639,000 in penalties from electric supplier
- Class AAA breakdown: With perennial contender Gateway joining Greater Allegheny, trend of championship Parkway teams could be challenged
- Rossi: Time with Penguins taught Bylsma importance of stability
- NFL could delay punishment
- Will soft foes mean fast start to the season for Pitt football team?
- Avella seeking back-to-back playoff trips