Spring training breakdown: Orioles 7, Pirates 6
Don't try it: The Orioles went 0 for 2 on stolen-base attempts against C Russell Martin. In the first inning, Martin got speedy Quintin Berry (2B Michael Martinez tagged him on the leg). In the sixth, Martin threw out pinch-runner Julio Borbon.
Nice D: Henry Urrutia hit a sharp grounder with lots of spin that took an odd hop, but Martinez made a sprawling stop, bounced to his feet and made an accurate throw for the out.
Blown chances: Travis Snider, Travis Ishikawa, Andrew McCutchen and Chris Dickerson went a combined 0 for 4 with the bases loaded.
Stock up: RHP Jay Jackson did well filling in for LHP Jeff Locke (oblique). “As long as they keep giving me the ball, I'm getting a chance,” Jackson said. “As long as I get a chance, I'm going to take advantage of it.”
Stock down: Snider struck out in each of his first two at-bats. In the first inning, he batted with the bases loaded and nobody out and took a called strike three.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Maatta tests positive for mumps; Bortuzzo, Greiss negative
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Toys for Tots fails to deliver; local charities scramble
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Icy roads, cold causing school delays, wrecks in Western Pa.
- Time is of essence for Pitt in finding football coach, athletic director
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Truck driver dies in Butler County crash
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime