Spring training breakdown: Pirates 5, Phillies 0
Phillies starter: RHP Sean O'Sullivan
Pirates starter: LHP Adam Wilk
Big shot: Neil Walker hit his first spring home run in the seventh off lefty Antonio Bastardo. It was noteworthy because Walker did not homer right-handed last season and has just four career home runs right-handed.
Pay it forward: Bryan Morris drilled the Phillies' Cody Asche a half inning after Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon hit Starling Marte and buzzed Andrew McCutchen up and in.
Frozen ropes: McCutchen and Travis Ishikawa each posted two-hit afternoons.
Stock up: Morris might have secured a roster spot with his last two outings, which covered four, dominant scoreless | innings.
Stock down: Andrew Lambo went 0 for 4 on Sunday, lowering his spring average to .065.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Outfielder Polanco driving force for Pirates in victory over Dodgers
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- Pitt swingman Jones ready for breakout season
- Plane crashes in bad weather in Taiwan, killing 51
- Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease cases
- Pop star Perry brings high-energy world tour to Consol
- Black leaders back developer’s offer, say it could save August Wilson Center
- Selig: Pirates’ rebirth a positive step for baseball
- Hollidaysburg native Lafferty relishing his chance with Penguins