Power set to open third season March 23
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Pittsburgh Power will open their third season in the Arena Football League at 7 p.m. March 23 at Consol Energy Center against the Utah Blaze. Home games will start a half-hour earlier this season.
The schedule features 18 games, nine at home, including an afternoon contest at 2 p.m. April 28 at Consol against the San Antonio Talons.
Also, the AFL announced that Arena Bowl XXVI will be televised by the CBS Television Network at 1 p.m. Aug. 17. CBS Sports Network will telecast 19 prime-time games on Saturday nights that could alter the Power's schedule.
All Power games will be broadcast by TribLive Radio for the second consecutive season.
AFL commissioner Jerry Kurz announced the league will compete with 14 franchises, down from 17 last year. Milwaukee was granted “dormancy,” according to Kurz, and plans to return in 2014. The league will contract the franchises in Georgia and Kansas City.
Jerry DiPaola is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-320-7997.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High winds knock out power, injure man at Cranberry construction site
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Attorney: Ferguson grand jury has reached decision
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Allegheny judge Woodruff, ex-Steelers corner, to run for Pa. Supreme Court
- Allegheny County will stop asking about employees’ criminal history, executive says
- New Kensington-Arnold employee suspended over alleged inappropriate contact with student
- Brackenridge high-rise infested with bed bugs
- PennDOT says opening of HOV lanes delayed because of power outage
- Allegheny County buck could prove to be state’s largest ever taken
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth