Power set to open third season March 23
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Pittsburgh Power will open their third season in the Arena Football League at 7 p.m. March 23 at Consol Energy Center against the Utah Blaze. Home games will start a half-hour earlier this season.
The schedule features 18 games, nine at home, including an afternoon contest at 2 p.m. April 28 at Consol against the San Antonio Talons.
Also, the AFL announced that Arena Bowl XXVI will be televised by the CBS Television Network at 1 p.m. Aug. 17. CBS Sports Network will telecast 19 prime-time games on Saturday nights that could alter the Power's schedule.
All Power games will be broadcast by TribLive Radio for the second consecutive season.
AFL commissioner Jerry Kurz announced the league will compete with 14 franchises, down from 17 last year. Milwaukee was granted “dormancy,” according to Kurz, and plans to return in 2014. The league will contract the franchises in Georgia and Kansas City.
Jerry DiPaola is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-320-7997.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ramp dedicated to slain McKeesport officer’s memory
- Holocaust survivor shares his story again
- Shelter’s spat with YCC is delayed
- ROAD RULES
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Hill District redevelopment plan shows great promise