Power set to open third season March 23
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Pittsburgh Power will open their third season in the Arena Football League at 7 p.m. March 23 at Consol Energy Center against the Utah Blaze. Home games will start a half-hour earlier this season.
The schedule features 18 games, nine at home, including an afternoon contest at 2 p.m. April 28 at Consol against the San Antonio Talons.
Also, the AFL announced that Arena Bowl XXVI will be televised by the CBS Television Network at 1 p.m. Aug. 17. CBS Sports Network will telecast 19 prime-time games on Saturday nights that could alter the Power's schedule.
All Power games will be broadcast by TribLive Radio for the second consecutive season.
AFL commissioner Jerry Kurz announced the league will compete with 14 franchises, down from 17 last year. Milwaukee was granted “dormancy,” according to Kurz, and plans to return in 2014. The league will contract the franchises in Georgia and Kansas City.
Jerry DiPaola is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-320-7997.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: After L.A., NFL should tread carefully
- Starter Liriano strikes out 12, leads Pirates to series sweep of Mets
- Couple attempts theft at North Huntingdon Walmart
- Pirates notebook: Substance rule a sticky subject
- Memorial Day service in National Cemetery of the Alleghenies still growing
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics
- Neighbor arrested after McKeesport house fire, authorities say
- Cochran repair center planned in Harrison
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Early success in White House race a pleasant surprise for Carson
- Ex-Baldwin, Pitt star Pinkston not giving up on NFL dream