Power set to open third season March 23
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Pittsburgh Power will open their third season in the Arena Football League at 7 p.m. March 23 at Consol Energy Center against the Utah Blaze. Home games will start a half-hour earlier this season.
The schedule features 18 games, nine at home, including an afternoon contest at 2 p.m. April 28 at Consol against the San Antonio Talons.
Also, the AFL announced that Arena Bowl XXVI will be televised by the CBS Television Network at 1 p.m. Aug. 17. CBS Sports Network will telecast 19 prime-time games on Saturday nights that could alter the Power's schedule.
All Power games will be broadcast by TribLive Radio for the second consecutive season.
AFL commissioner Jerry Kurz announced the league will compete with 14 franchises, down from 17 last year. Milwaukee was granted “dormancy,” according to Kurz, and plans to return in 2014. The league will contract the franchises in Georgia and Kansas City.
Jerry DiPaola is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-320-7997.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins GM details Malkin, Hornqvist injuries, offseason priorities
- Woman fired for failing to take drug test sues Pittsburgh Housing Authority
- Rossi: Steelers should corner the market at NFL Draft
- Plum High School teacher hires attorney who also represents Jerry Sandusky
- U.S. Steel job cuts total 2,800, CEO says
- Photo gallery: Steelers 1st-round draft picks
- Most talent in NFL Draft play at Steelers’ positions of need
- Supreme Court hears historic same-sex marriage arguments
- Jeannette man jailed on armed robbery charge
- National Guard called in to keep the peace in Baltimore
- Arnold, New Kensington drug busts net 2 arrests, heroin, cocaine, cash