Power set to open third season March 23
By Jerry DiPaola
Published: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 1:42 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 9, 2013
The Pittsburgh Power will open their third season in the Arena Football League at 7 p.m. March 23 at Consol Energy Center against the Utah Blaze. Home games will start a half-hour earlier this season.
The schedule features 18 games, nine at home, including an afternoon contest at 2 p.m. April 28 at Consol against the San Antonio Talons.
Also, the AFL announced that Arena Bowl XXVI will be televised by the CBS Television Network at 1 p.m. Aug. 17. CBS Sports Network will telecast 19 prime-time games on Saturday nights that could alter the Power's schedule.
All Power games will be broadcast by TribLive Radio for the second consecutive season.
AFL commissioner Jerry Kurz announced the league will compete with 14 franchises, down from 17 last year. Milwaukee was granted “dormancy,” according to Kurz, and plans to return in 2014. The league will contract the franchises in Georgia and Kansas City.
Jerry DiPaola is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-320-7997.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- 3 arrested in break-in at Allegheny Ludlum plant
- New York mayoral candidate Weiner uses Pittsburgh as backdrop
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Harrison’s Heights Plaza Shopping Center looking to bounce back
- Pirates beat Cubs, 4-2, to finish homestand with sweep
- Pirates notebook: Melancon relishes rare save opportunity
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.