Power set to open third season March 23
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Pittsburgh Power will open their third season in the Arena Football League at 7 p.m. March 23 at Consol Energy Center against the Utah Blaze. Home games will start a half-hour earlier this season.
The schedule features 18 games, nine at home, including an afternoon contest at 2 p.m. April 28 at Consol against the San Antonio Talons.
Also, the AFL announced that Arena Bowl XXVI will be televised by the CBS Television Network at 1 p.m. Aug. 17. CBS Sports Network will telecast 19 prime-time games on Saturday nights that could alter the Power's schedule.
All Power games will be broadcast by TribLive Radio for the second consecutive season.
AFL commissioner Jerry Kurz announced the league will compete with 14 franchises, down from 17 last year. Milwaukee was granted “dormancy,” according to Kurz, and plans to return in 2014. The league will contract the franchises in Georgia and Kansas City.
Jerry DiPaola is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-320-7997.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tomlin: Steelers were prepared for Bryant suspension as far back as draft
- Pirates make 6 September call-ups
- Woman commits suicide in North Braddock police holding cell
- Casey, Coons become 32nd, 33rd senators to back nuclear deal with Iran
- Two wild-card format hurting Pirates in short term
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling
- TE Breneman not listed on Penn State’s depth chart
- Bankruptcy judge urges Conneaut Lake creditors, trustees to make a deal
- PennDOT revises Parkway West closure schedule
- Washington County man killed in tractor accident
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers