Power drop road game to Sharks, 70-48
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Power were no match for their former quarterback and the Jacksonville Sharks on Saturday night.
Bernard Morris, the Power QB in 2011, defeated his old team, helping the Sharks roll to a 70-48 victory in Jacksonville.
Morris threw five touchdown passes and ran for a score, as Jacksonville (8-3) remained in first place.
The Power (3-7) trailed, 21-20, late in the first half, but Morris threw his second TD pass with six seconds remaining for an eight-point halftime lead.
Power quarterback Steve Sheffield completed 24 of 30 passes for 235 yards and six TDs. He was intercepted twice.
Julian Talley caught four TD passes among his 12 catches for 117 yards but he also lost two fumbles that led to Sharks touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers sign last of eight players drafted in 2015
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Hydraulic lift accident kills man in Wilkinsburg
- Chesney fans flood the North Shore to party
- Former city police chief released from federal prison
- Pittsburgh roots shape former Md. governor’s outlook in run for president
- Padres snap Pirates’ 7-game win streak
- East Franklin family held at gunpoint in Arnold; no one hurt
- Inmate assaults Westmoreland County sheriff’s deputy at UPMC Presbyterian Hospital
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential
- Driver dies, students hurt in school van crash in Indiana County