Power drop road game to Sharks, 70-48
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Power were no match for their former quarterback and the Jacksonville Sharks on Saturday night.
Bernard Morris, the Power QB in 2011, defeated his old team, helping the Sharks roll to a 70-48 victory in Jacksonville.
Morris threw five touchdown passes and ran for a score, as Jacksonville (8-3) remained in first place.
The Power (3-7) trailed, 21-20, late in the first half, but Morris threw his second TD pass with six seconds remaining for an eight-point halftime lead.
Power quarterback Steve Sheffield completed 24 of 30 passes for 235 yards and six TDs. He was intercepted twice.
Julian Talley caught four TD passes among his 12 catches for 117 yards but he also lost two fumbles that led to Sharks touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return
- Washington city takes stock of damage from rare tornado
- Penn Avenue site tops group’s preservation list
- 2 dead, including student gunman, after Wash. school shooting
- Doll, miniature collectors appreciate small details at Westmoreland show
- 1686 shipwreck ‘like dinosaur’ being rebuilt for museum
- ‘Rocky Horror’ takes center stage at Regent Square, Greensburg venues
- Stocks rise broadly on earnings; Amazon sinks
- Westmoreland Symphony conductor to lead ‘Young Person’s Guide’
- Vehicle smashes Commandments on capitol grounds in Oklahoma City
- AMC has found gold with ‘The Walking Dead’