Power drop road game to Sharks, 70-48
By Staff Reports
Published: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 10:24 p.m.
The Power were no match for their former quarterback and the Jacksonville Sharks on Saturday night.
Bernard Morris, the Power QB in 2011, defeated his old team, helping the Sharks roll to a 70-48 victory in Jacksonville.
Morris threw five touchdown passes and ran for a score, as Jacksonville (8-3) remained in first place.
The Power (3-7) trailed, 21-20, late in the first half, but Morris threw his second TD pass with six seconds remaining for an eight-point halftime lead.
Power quarterback Steve Sheffield completed 24 of 30 passes for 235 yards and six TDs. He was intercepted twice.
Julian Talley caught four TD passes among his 12 catches for 117 yards but he also lost two fumbles that led to Sharks touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers coach Tomlin fined $100K by NFL
- McCandless man pleads guilty to being in ‘boring’ drug ring
- 3 accomplices to plead guilty to murder, torture of mentally challenged Mt. Pleasant woman
- Pirates’ Snider talks about surgery, rebuilding swing
- Mt. Washington pharmacist, Baldwin Townshp man sentenced for oxycodone scam
- Starkey: Tomlin imposter fuels conspiracy theories
- Washington County to seek proposals for natural gas drilling under Mingo Creek Park
- Robinson ousted as Allegheny County Council finance chairman
- Cost of doing business increasing for Pirates
- Schmotzer resigns high-paid administrative job with Baldwin-Whitehall schools
- Donald wins ACC Defensive Player of Year