Power drop road game to Sharks, 70-48
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Power were no match for their former quarterback and the Jacksonville Sharks on Saturday night.
Bernard Morris, the Power QB in 2011, defeated his old team, helping the Sharks roll to a 70-48 victory in Jacksonville.
Morris threw five touchdown passes and ran for a score, as Jacksonville (8-3) remained in first place.
The Power (3-7) trailed, 21-20, late in the first half, but Morris threw his second TD pass with six seconds remaining for an eight-point halftime lead.
Power quarterback Steve Sheffield completed 24 of 30 passes for 235 yards and six TDs. He was intercepted twice.
Julian Talley caught four TD passes among his 12 catches for 117 yards but he also lost two fumbles that led to Sharks touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn-Trafford scores 35 unanswered to seal spot in quarterfinals
- Ford City volleyball set to clash with TJ
- Clairton continues offensive onslaught in dominating 1st-round victory
- Armstrong trying new program to have instruction when weather closes schools
- Electric cars plug into solar power
- Pensions a point of dispute as Watson challenges Dermody in 33rd District
- Armstrong nonprofit making holidays bright for those in need
- Writers take on novel challenge in Ford City
- ‘Uncharacteristic’ Frazier ousted by South Side Beaver, 26-12
- Rothfus has cash advantage over McClelland in 12th District
- Washington sends Steel Valley home for season; wins in rout, 34-7