Power drop road game to Sharks, 70-48
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Power were no match for their former quarterback and the Jacksonville Sharks on Saturday night.
Bernard Morris, the Power QB in 2011, defeated his old team, helping the Sharks roll to a 70-48 victory in Jacksonville.
Morris threw five touchdown passes and ran for a score, as Jacksonville (8-3) remained in first place.
The Power (3-7) trailed, 21-20, late in the first half, but Morris threw his second TD pass with six seconds remaining for an eight-point halftime lead.
Power quarterback Steve Sheffield completed 24 of 30 passes for 235 yards and six TDs. He was intercepted twice.
Julian Talley caught four TD passes among his 12 catches for 117 yards but he also lost two fumbles that led to Sharks touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- God is touchy topic in ICU, Pitt study finds
- Two wild-card format hurting Pirates in short term
- Pitt defense is entering new season with something to prove
- Junior class filled with potential for talent-laden Frazier football team
- Potential suspension of Pennsylvania AG’s license unusual
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Daughter’s generosity lives on in family
- Trib 30 takes bigger hit than Dow in August
- Popularity of emerging markets wanes
- Starkey: The kick returner and the grizzly bear
- Two Cal U students charged in altercation