Power drop road game to Sharks, 70-48
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Power were no match for their former quarterback and the Jacksonville Sharks on Saturday night.
Bernard Morris, the Power QB in 2011, defeated his old team, helping the Sharks roll to a 70-48 victory in Jacksonville.
Morris threw five touchdown passes and ran for a score, as Jacksonville (8-3) remained in first place.
The Power (3-7) trailed, 21-20, late in the first half, but Morris threw his second TD pass with six seconds remaining for an eight-point halftime lead.
Power quarterback Steve Sheffield completed 24 of 30 passes for 235 yards and six TDs. He was intercepted twice.
Julian Talley caught four TD passes among his 12 catches for 117 yards but he also lost two fumbles that led to Sharks touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins GM details Malkin, Hornqvist injuries, offseason priorities
- Rossi: Steelers should corner the market at NFL Draft
- Woman fired for failing to take drug test sues Pittsburgh Housing Authority
- Plum High School teacher hires attorney who also represents Jerry Sandusky
- U.S. Steel job cuts total 2,800, CEO says
- Photo gallery: Steelers 1st-round draft picks
- Most talent in NFL Draft play at Steelers’ positions of need
- Supreme Court hears historic same-sex marriage arguments
- Jeannette man jailed on armed robbery charge
- National Guard called in to keep the peace in Baltimore
- Shoplifting ring targeted Lowe’s stores in 5 Western Pa. counties