Power's playoff chances take hit with loss to Orlando
TribLIVE Sports Videos
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Pittsburgh Power fell to the Orlando Predators, 50-35, on Saturday night at Amway Center.
The loss put the Power (3-10) two wins and a head-to-head tiebreaker behind the Predators for the final playoff spot in the American Conference with five games left. The Power host the New Orleans Voodoo at 7 p.m. next Saturday at Consol Energy Cener.
The Power jumped out to a 7-0 lead on a 16-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Steven Sheffield to receiver Mike Washington, the first of two TDs for Washington. But the Power surrendered the lead for good late in the first quarter when Orlando linebacker Marcus Everett returned an interception return for a touchdown from 2-yards out.
The Power clawed back to within eight points with 3:41 left on a Washington 15-yard TD reception and subsequent Sheffield run for a two-point conversion. But Garcia's fifth touchdown pass to former Pitt wideout Maurice Williams put the game out of reach a minute remaining.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Morton’s return means Liz leaves
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun; boy is critical
- Lower Valley observes Memorial Day with parades, services
- Pirates reassign Liz to make roster room for Morton
- Rossi: After L.A., NFL should tread carefully
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics
- Couple attempts theft at North Huntingdon Wal-Mart
- Police charge Allentown teen for beating, holding ex-girlfriend at gunpoint
- Early success in White House race a pleasant surprise for Carson
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Wrong-way driver causes head-on crash in Center