Power's playoff chances take hit with loss to Orlando
TribLIVE Sports Videos
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Pittsburgh Power fell to the Orlando Predators, 50-35, on Saturday night at Amway Center.
The loss put the Power (3-10) two wins and a head-to-head tiebreaker behind the Predators for the final playoff spot in the American Conference with five games left. The Power host the New Orleans Voodoo at 7 p.m. next Saturday at Consol Energy Cener.
The Power jumped out to a 7-0 lead on a 16-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Steven Sheffield to receiver Mike Washington, the first of two TDs for Washington. But the Power surrendered the lead for good late in the first quarter when Orlando linebacker Marcus Everett returned an interception return for a touchdown from 2-yards out.
The Power clawed back to within eight points with 3:41 left on a Washington 15-yard TD reception and subsequent Sheffield run for a two-point conversion. But Garcia's fifth touchdown pass to former Pitt wideout Maurice Williams put the game out of reach a minute remaining.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. trooper ambush suspect Frein in court after long manhunt
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- Review: Michael Keaton rises as washed-up ‘Birdman’
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- Rossi: The best Penguins defense is ... a potent offense
- ‘Big play’ moniker fits veteran Steelers cornerback Gay
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents