Power's playoff chances take hit with loss to Orlando
TribLIVE Sports Videos
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Pittsburgh Power fell to the Orlando Predators, 50-35, on Saturday night at Amway Center.
The loss put the Power (3-10) two wins and a head-to-head tiebreaker behind the Predators for the final playoff spot in the American Conference with five games left. The Power host the New Orleans Voodoo at 7 p.m. next Saturday at Consol Energy Cener.
The Power jumped out to a 7-0 lead on a 16-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Steven Sheffield to receiver Mike Washington, the first of two TDs for Washington. But the Power surrendered the lead for good late in the first quarter when Orlando linebacker Marcus Everett returned an interception return for a touchdown from 2-yards out.
The Power clawed back to within eight points with 3:41 left on a Washington 15-yard TD reception and subsequent Sheffield run for a two-point conversion. But Garcia's fifth touchdown pass to former Pitt wideout Maurice Williams put the game out of reach a minute remaining.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unusual fruiting vines offer tasty options for Western Pennsylvania gardens
- PIAA boys basketball roundup: New Castle edges Strong Vincent
- Mother, baby found dead in Millvale apartment
- Chief: Aliquippa man’s death appears to be a homicide
- Police make drug bust in police parking lot
- South Park junior wants to win gold to honor friend’s memory
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 3, Yankees 1
- Norwin girls outlast Pine-Richland in thriller
- Pirates notebook: Pitching prospect Taillon makes steady progress
- Hyde Park woman, 38, faces sex charge with teen
- 2 found dead in Harrison home