Power's playoff chances take hit with loss to Orlando
TribLIVE Sports Videos
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Pittsburgh Power fell to the Orlando Predators, 50-35, on Saturday night at Amway Center.
The loss put the Power (3-10) two wins and a head-to-head tiebreaker behind the Predators for the final playoff spot in the American Conference with five games left. The Power host the New Orleans Voodoo at 7 p.m. next Saturday at Consol Energy Cener.
The Power jumped out to a 7-0 lead on a 16-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Steven Sheffield to receiver Mike Washington, the first of two TDs for Washington. But the Power surrendered the lead for good late in the first quarter when Orlando linebacker Marcus Everett returned an interception return for a touchdown from 2-yards out.
The Power clawed back to within eight points with 3:41 left on a Washington 15-yard TD reception and subsequent Sheffield run for a two-point conversion. But Garcia's fifth touchdown pass to former Pitt wideout Maurice Williams put the game out of reach a minute remaining.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Owner of Italian Village Pizza stores gets house arrest for tax evasion
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Allegheny County using $15.5M grant to reduce homelessness
- National Weather Service to evaluate work after missed call on storm
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Cal U professor who died in campus office was lawyer, civil rights leader
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended 8 games for hit on Letang