Power's playoff chances take hit with loss to Orlando
TribLIVE Sports Videos
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Pittsburgh Power fell to the Orlando Predators, 50-35, on Saturday night at Amway Center.
The loss put the Power (3-10) two wins and a head-to-head tiebreaker behind the Predators for the final playoff spot in the American Conference with five games left. The Power host the New Orleans Voodoo at 7 p.m. next Saturday at Consol Energy Cener.
The Power jumped out to a 7-0 lead on a 16-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Steven Sheffield to receiver Mike Washington, the first of two TDs for Washington. But the Power surrendered the lead for good late in the first quarter when Orlando linebacker Marcus Everett returned an interception return for a touchdown from 2-yards out.
The Power clawed back to within eight points with 3:41 left on a Washington 15-yard TD reception and subsequent Sheffield run for a two-point conversion. But Garcia's fifth touchdown pass to former Pitt wideout Maurice Williams put the game out of reach a minute remaining.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Slain St. Clair officer walked into ‘worst nightmare’ for police
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage
- 7 percent in Allegheny County able to carry concealed gun
- Film session: Long shots dotted Steelers’ passing game
- Steelers receiver Wheaton takes advantage of opportunity in breakout game
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar
- Pa. Supreme Court: Highmark Medicare Advantage members to retain access to UPMC
- Steelers notebook: Bryant confident in backup Jones if Big Ben can’t play