Power lose to Cleveland, suffer 6th consecutive defeat
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Power stretched their losing streak to six games Saturday night, but that was only one sorry storyline.
The other: Quarterback appears to be a problem again for the indoor football team.
Steven Sheffield threw three interceptions and was benched in a 71-58 loss to the Cleveland Gladiators at Quicken Loans Arena.
The Power (3-12) committed five turnovers, including two fumbles, and Sheffield increased his interception total to 15 in seven games. He was replaced late in the game by Shane Austin, who threw two touchdown passes.
The Power allowed more points than they had in any game this season. The Gladiators (3-12) came into the game on a seven-game losing streak.
Quarterback Chris Dieker completed 27 of 33 passes for 252 yards and five touchdowns for the Gladiators, who hadn't won since May 11. He also ran for three scores.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burnett’s stellar start paves way for Pirates’ victory over Diamondbacks
- High risk, reward with 1st-round quarterbacks in NFL Draft
- Bradenton outfielder Barnes burdened by his body
- Rossi: Penguins’ best bet is on Martin
- From injuries to front office, Penguins’ season didn’t lack drama
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Pitt AD Barnes has enjoyed varied career in college sports
- Riverhounds rout Toronto for 2nd win of season
- NFL Draft preview: QB crop thin after top 2
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- Elites, media & character