Power lose to Cleveland, suffer 6th consecutive defeat
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Power stretched their losing streak to six games Saturday night, but that was only one sorry storyline.
The other: Quarterback appears to be a problem again for the indoor football team.
Steven Sheffield threw three interceptions and was benched in a 71-58 loss to the Cleveland Gladiators at Quicken Loans Arena.
The Power (3-12) committed five turnovers, including two fumbles, and Sheffield increased his interception total to 15 in seven games. He was replaced late in the game by Shane Austin, who threw two touchdown passes.
The Power allowed more points than they had in any game this season. The Gladiators (3-12) came into the game on a seven-game losing streak.
Quarterback Chris Dieker completed 27 of 33 passes for 252 yards and five touchdowns for the Gladiators, who hadn't won since May 11. He also ran for three scores.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Penguins make moves in advance of roster deadline
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Medical Examiner identifies Baldwin Borough couple who died in murder-suicide
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- Wolf still seeking to raise income tax, impose tax on shale-gas drilling
- Johnstown man accused of sexual misconduct at state park
- Cat found shot with arrow in Penn Township expected to survive
- Top U.S. general wants more troops in Afghanistan
- Starkey: Searage, Pirates ultra-confident
- Abbas appeals for end to chaos with Israel