Power lose to Cleveland, suffer 6th consecutive defeat
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Power stretched their losing streak to six games Saturday night, but that was only one sorry storyline.
The other: Quarterback appears to be a problem again for the indoor football team.
Steven Sheffield threw three interceptions and was benched in a 71-58 loss to the Cleveland Gladiators at Quicken Loans Arena.
The Power (3-12) committed five turnovers, including two fumbles, and Sheffield increased his interception total to 15 in seven games. He was replaced late in the game by Shane Austin, who threw two touchdown passes.
The Power allowed more points than they had in any game this season. The Gladiators (3-12) came into the game on a seven-game losing streak.
Quarterback Chris Dieker completed 27 of 33 passes for 252 yards and five touchdowns for the Gladiators, who hadn't won since May 11. He also ran for three scores.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches career points
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Amusement parks fight off home entertainment threat
- Fatal crash closes Flight 93 chapel in Somerset County
- Pitt plays best game of the season; routs Kansas State
- Surge in small drones making airline pilots nervous
- Blairsville judge accused in hit-run set to enter program for 1st-time offenders