Power lose to Cleveland, suffer 6th consecutive defeat
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Power stretched their losing streak to six games Saturday night, but that was only one sorry storyline.
The other: Quarterback appears to be a problem again for the indoor football team.
Steven Sheffield threw three interceptions and was benched in a 71-58 loss to the Cleveland Gladiators at Quicken Loans Arena.
The Power (3-12) committed five turnovers, including two fumbles, and Sheffield increased his interception total to 15 in seven games. He was replaced late in the game by Shane Austin, who threw two touchdown passes.
The Power allowed more points than they had in any game this season. The Gladiators (3-12) came into the game on a seven-game losing streak.
Quarterback Chris Dieker completed 27 of 33 passes for 252 yards and five touchdowns for the Gladiators, who hadn't won since May 11. He also ran for three scores.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- 8th-grader gets venture capital for inexpensive Braille-printer
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Tennessee quarterback Peterman considers transfer to Pitt
- CMU software eases task of mining prostitution ads
- Gulls fleeing frozen Great Lakes fill skies over Pittsburgh’s Point
- Penguins minor league notebook: Rookie Wilson emerges as 3rd-line NHL prospect
- Rossi: History beckons for Seattle’s Seahawks
- Franklin Regional wrestling rallies to top Belle Vernon, defends team title
- Penguins notebook: Malkin could return Wednesday at Edmonton
- City crews getting ready for winter storm expected Sunday, Monday