Power 2014 schedule released
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Power will open their fourth season in the Arena Football League at 5 p.m. March 15 against the Eastern Division rival Cleveland Gladiators at Consol Energy Center.
The AFL announced its full schedule Monday, with a 20-week season that includes two off weeks for each team. The regular season ends July 26 at Consol with an Eastern Division game against the Philadelphia Soul. The Power won't play in Weeks 2 and 18.
There will be nine games at Consol, with six kicking off at a new starting time of 5 p.m. The home schedule will be interrupted next summer for more than a month when the Power has three road games and an off week from June 20 until July 26.
The Power will play the two-time defending AFL champion Arizona Rattlers on April 19 at the US Airways Center in Phoenix. The AFL runner-up Soul appear on the schedule three times, including May 3 and July 26 at Consol and June 14 at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: Extreme Rules was entertaining and smart
- Traveling amateur organists entertain fellow seniors with oldies music
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Westmoreland County municipalities push to clean up litter, dumps
- Reports grim for Pennsylvania’s state-run veterans homes
- Lawyers donate thousands of dollars to Pennsylvania Supreme Court race
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Senior at Pittsburgh’s CAPA school focuses spotlight on homeless students
- Route 217 bridge work about to start in Derry Borough