Golf roundup: Jacobson, Bae lead Northern Trust Open
TribLIVE Sports Videos
LOS ANGELES — A move down the California coast hasn't changed a thing for Fredrik Jacobson.
One week after a solid finish at Pebble Beach, Jacobson birdied the two toughest holes at Riviera on Friday on his way to a 6-under 65 and a share of the lead with Sang-Moon Bae going into the weekend at the Northern Trust Open.
Jacobson and Bae were at 9-under 133, one shot ahead of John Merrick (66) and John Rollins (65).
Still very much in the picture was Luke Donald, who chipped in twice for birdie and had a 66. That left him two shots out of the lead in his first tournament in two months. Phil Mickelson had a 67 that included a double bogey on the 10th hole and was five shots out of the lead.
Bernhard Langer holed out from the fairway for an eagle on the par-4 10th and finished with a 10-under 62 to take a three-stroke in the Champions Tour's ACE Group Classic.
Langer hit a 9-iron from 141 yards that went right in the cup on the 10th.
Langer had three birdies on the front nine, then played the back nine in 7-under 29 with the eagle and five birdies — including four in a row on Nos. 13-16.
Brazil's Adilson Da Silva opened a three-stroke lead in the Africa Open, completing a 10-under 62 in the wind-delayed first round and shooting a 68 in the second.
Da Silva had a 14-under 130 total on the East London course in the event sanctioned by the European and South Africans tours.
Mariajo Uribe shot a 6-under 67 to overtake Jiyai Shin and overnight leader Lydia Ko, claiming a one-stroke lead after the second round of the LPGA Tour's season-opening Women's Australian Open.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers OLB coach Porter teaches as passionately as he played
- Marte’s 2 fine defensive plays rescue Pirates in victory over Reds
- Pirates trade for Dodgers 1B/OF Morse, Mariners LHP Happ
- Inside The Steelers: LB Williams dominates backs-on-backers drill at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
- Pittsburgh Police motorcycle officer seriously injured in crash
- Rossi: Nothing huge, but Huntington helped Bucs
- 2014 showing has Steelers RB Harris confident he belongs
- Steelers notebook: Officials discuss new game ball procedures
- Proposed 8-story apartment complex called too tall in North Side’s Garden Theater area
- 2 killed in single-vehicle crash in Pittsburgh
- Hurdle: Soria likely to assume setup role with Watson