Steeler Jeff Reed charged with criminal mischief
Steelers kicker Jeff Reed was cited with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct after throwing a tantrum over an empty paper towel machine at a Westmoreland County convenience store.
Reed, 29, went in to the men's restroom at Sheetz on U.S. Route 22 in New Alexandria borough shortly before 3 a.m.
After discovering that the paper towel dispenser in the bathroom was empty, Reed started loudly banging from inside the bathroom, state police said. He damaged the towel dispenser.
When Reed left the bathroom, he spoke to a Sheetz employee using loud and profane language. He continued to use profane language outside the store, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Lack of experienced backup means more work for Steelers RB Bell
- Steelers’ Mitchell banned from social media
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Steelers notebook: Gay, secondary brace for Saints QB Brees
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Steelers Film Session: Sticking with what works
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots