Steeler Jeff Reed charged with criminal mischief
Steelers kicker Jeff Reed was cited with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct after throwing a tantrum over an empty paper towel machine at a Westmoreland County convenience store.
Reed, 29, went in to the men's restroom at Sheetz on U.S. Route 22 in New Alexandria borough shortly before 3 a.m.
After discovering that the paper towel dispenser in the bathroom was empty, Reed started loudly banging from inside the bathroom, state police said. He damaged the towel dispenser.
When Reed left the bathroom, he spoke to a Sheetz employee using loud and profane language. He continued to use profane language outside the store, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Study of vets supports PB pills, genetic variations linked to Gulf War illness
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- LaBar: Like it or not, Reigns is rising with Royal Rumble win
- Legislators receive committee assignments
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- Mt. Lebanon High School to sell its planetarium equipment
- Outdoors notebook: Legislature considering outdoors proposals
- Pittsburgh Film Office warms up with pre-Oscar party
- 3 donors to match, help ministries reach campaign goal
- PSNK men’s basketball team loses to PSU Mont Alto, 63-59
- Senator opens Connellsville office