Steeler Jeff Reed charged with criminal mischief
Steelers kicker Jeff Reed was cited with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct after throwing a tantrum over an empty paper towel machine at a Westmoreland County convenience store.
Reed, 29, went in to the men's restroom at Sheetz on U.S. Route 22 in New Alexandria borough shortly before 3 a.m.
After discovering that the paper towel dispenser in the bathroom was empty, Reed started loudly banging from inside the bathroom, state police said. He damaged the towel dispenser.
When Reed left the bathroom, he spoke to a Sheetz employee using loud and profane language. He continued to use profane language outside the store, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Despite fulfilling promise to mother, Steelers’ Tomlin not yet satisfied
- Timmons feels pressure to transform Steelers back into contender
- Steelers’ Taylor ‘hurt’ by pay cut
- In open AFC North, it’s anyone’s game
- Steelers defensive back Thomas isn’t conceding starting position yet
- Versatile linebacker Moats getting up to speed with Steelers
- Report: Steelers worth $1.118 billion