Steeler Jeff Reed charged with criminal mischief
Steelers kicker Jeff Reed was cited with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct after throwing a tantrum over an empty paper towel machine at a Westmoreland County convenience store.
Reed, 29, went in to the men's restroom at Sheetz on U.S. Route 22 in New Alexandria borough shortly before 3 a.m.
After discovering that the paper towel dispenser in the bathroom was empty, Reed started loudly banging from inside the bathroom, state police said. He damaged the towel dispenser.
When Reed left the bathroom, he spoke to a Sheetz employee using loud and profane language. He continued to use profane language outside the store, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Chiefs game-plan play that suits speedy rookie Thomas’ talents
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Steelers offense finding an unprecedented balance when it counts
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers Film Session: Falcons find way to limit Bell’s production
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game