Steeler Jeff Reed charged with criminal mischief
Steelers kicker Jeff Reed was cited with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct after throwing a tantrum over an empty paper towel machine at a Westmoreland County convenience store.
Reed, 29, went in to the men's restroom at Sheetz on U.S. Route 22 in New Alexandria borough shortly before 3 a.m.
After discovering that the paper towel dispenser in the bathroom was empty, Reed started loudly banging from inside the bathroom, state police said. He damaged the towel dispenser.
When Reed left the bathroom, he spoke to a Sheetz employee using loud and profane language. He continued to use profane language outside the store, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- Polamalu, Taylor among Steelers starters returning for Sunday’s game vs. Saints
- Steelers realize that Brees-led Saints are always dangerous
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run