Steeler Jeff Reed charged with criminal mischief
Steelers kicker Jeff Reed was cited with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct after throwing a tantrum over an empty paper towel machine at a Westmoreland County convenience store.
Reed, 29, went in to the men's restroom at Sheetz on U.S. Route 22 in New Alexandria borough shortly before 3 a.m.
After discovering that the paper towel dispenser in the bathroom was empty, Reed started loudly banging from inside the bathroom, state police said. He damaged the towel dispenser.
When Reed left the bathroom, he spoke to a Sheetz employee using loud and profane language. He continued to use profane language outside the store, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz
- Steelers notebook: Shazier practices, hopes to play Monday at Chargers
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell shrugs off Ravens WR’s comments
- Nothing normal about Steelers’ standard as backups fill vital roles
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Four downs: Williams brothers on the rise
- Play to watch: Ravens expected to find ways to get the ball to Smith
- Missed field goals haunt Steelers in OT loss to Ravens