Steeler Jeff Reed charged with criminal mischief
Steelers kicker Jeff Reed was cited with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct after throwing a tantrum over an empty paper towel machine at a Westmoreland County convenience store.
Reed, 29, went in to the men's restroom at Sheetz on U.S. Route 22 in New Alexandria borough shortly before 3 a.m.
After discovering that the paper towel dispenser in the bathroom was empty, Reed started loudly banging from inside the bathroom, state police said. He damaged the towel dispenser.
When Reed left the bathroom, he spoke to a Sheetz employee using loud and profane language. He continued to use profane language outside the store, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers notebook: Team cuts 15 players, including LB So’oto, RB Hall
- Why Steelers will — or won’t — snap out of their funk
- Steelers cornerbacks Allen, Gay, Taylor have something to prove
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell faces former team, hurts leg
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires