Steeler Jeff Reed charged with criminal mischief
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Saturday, February 14, 2009
Steelers kicker Jeff Reed was cited with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct after throwing a tantrum over an empty paper towel machine at a Westmoreland County convenience store.
Reed, 29, went in to the men's restroom at Sheetz on U.S. Route 22 in New Alexandria borough shortly before 3 a.m.
After discovering that the paper towel dispenser in the bathroom was empty, Reed started loudly banging from inside the bathroom, state police said. He damaged the towel dispenser.
When Reed left the bathroom, he spoke to a Sheetz employee using loud and profane language. He continued to use profane language outside the store, police said.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Robinson: 10 Steelers storylines to keep tabs on
- Steelers defensive lineman Keisel hosts kids for day of fishing
- Miller believes tight end position in good hands
- Rookie running back Bell vows to protect Big Ben
- Steelers’ makeover taking shape
- Steelers breaking in top pick Jones slowly
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger throws; 4th-round pick Jones signs
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Steelers’ Polamalu strives to regain status as elite safety
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.