Steelers sign 2 of their 7th-round picks
The Steelers on Wednesday agreed to terms with two of their four seventh-round draft picks: tight end David Paulson and cornerback Terrence Frederick.
Financial terms of the four-year deals were not disclosed.
Paulson, selected 240th overall, played at Oregon and caught 67 passes for 1,041 yards and 10 touchdowns in his career. Frederick was chosen 246th out of Texas A&M and finished his college career with 205 tackles, six sacks, four interceptions, 19 tackles for loss and 29 pass breakups, which rank sixth in school history.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Run game needed for balance vs. Seahawks
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Analysis: Despite injuries, Steelers well-positioned entering stretch run
- Four downs: Spreading the wealth and still succeeding
- Steelers not giving up on wresting AFC North from Bengals
- Rookie linebacker Chickillo adjusting to role with Steelers