Steelers reveal Larry Richert as Heinz Field's new public address announcer
The Steelers announced during the premier of their 2011 highlight video Friday that Larry Richert will be the public address announcer for all home games at Heinz Field.
Richert has served as the voice of NFL Films/Steelers Highlight videos for years.
The 52-year old has been the host of the KDKA Morning News with Larry Richert since 2001. Richert is a North Allegheny and Clarion University graduate.
Richert takes over for Randy Cosgrove, who resigned late last month after 15 years as the PA announcer at Three Rivers Stadium and Heinz Field.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots
- Steelers Film Session: Sticking with what works
- Lack of experienced backup means more work for Steelers RB Bell
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Steelers cut ties with running back Blount after incident in Tennessee
- Steelers’ Mitchell banned from social media
- Steelers notebook: Gay, secondary brace for Saints QB Brees
- Steelers’ Pouncey puts missteps behind him
- Rossi: Book on Steelers coach Tomlin is still open