Steelers reveal Larry Richert as Heinz Field's new public address announcer
The Steelers announced during the premier of their 2011 highlight video Friday that Larry Richert will be the public address announcer for all home games at Heinz Field.
Richert has served as the voice of NFL Films/Steelers Highlight videos for years.
The 52-year old has been the host of the KDKA Morning News with Larry Richert since 2001. Richert is a North Allegheny and Clarion University graduate.
Richert takes over for Randy Cosgrove, who resigned late last month after 15 years as the PA announcer at Three Rivers Stadium and Heinz Field.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack
- Steelers rookie Tuitt prepares for big role
- Steelers notebook: Shazier limited in practice
- Robinson: Big Ben on pace to break Favre’s record — for sacks
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Steelers’ Haley unfazed by criticism
- Steelers notebook: WR Bryant making strides
- Steelers seeking solutions for scoring problems in red zone