Steelers reveal Larry Richert as Heinz Field's new public address announcer
The Steelers announced during the premier of their 2011 highlight video Friday that Larry Richert will be the public address announcer for all home games at Heinz Field.
Richert has served as the voice of NFL Films/Steelers Highlight videos for years.
The 52-year old has been the host of the KDKA Morning News with Larry Richert since 2001. Richert is a North Allegheny and Clarion University graduate.
Richert takes over for Randy Cosgrove, who resigned late last month after 15 years as the PA announcer at Three Rivers Stadium and Heinz Field.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Safety Collins seeks to buck Alabama DB trend
- NFL Draft preview: Safety crop offers no sure-fire stars
- Steelers legend Blount to announce team’s second-round draft pick
- NFL Draft preview: UCLA’s Kendricks leads deep inside linebacker class
- Miami linebacker Perryman eager to stand tall on draft day
- Steelers open daunting season at Patriots, play 5 prime-time games
- Steelers wrap up pre-draft visits with four defensive players
- NFL Draft preview: Running back class is deep, talented
- Steelers won’t be backed into a corner at NFL Draft
- Ex-Alabama WR Cooper gains separation from other draft prospects at position
- NFL Draft preview: Interior linemen replace flash with experience this year