Steelers reveal Larry Richert as Heinz Field's new public address announcer
The Steelers announced during the premier of their 2011 highlight video Friday that Larry Richert will be the public address announcer for all home games at Heinz Field.
Richert has served as the voice of NFL Films/Steelers Highlight videos for years.
The 52-year old has been the host of the KDKA Morning News with Larry Richert since 2001. Richert is a North Allegheny and Clarion University graduate.
Richert takes over for Randy Cosgrove, who resigned late last month after 15 years as the PA announcer at Three Rivers Stadium and Heinz Field.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Injury-thinned Steelers linebackers corps stands tall in win over Falcons
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Red-zone defense helps Steelers hang on against Falcons
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Steelers Film Session: Falcons find way to limit Bell’s production
- Steelers offense finding an unprecedented balance when it counts