NFL Notebook: Browns safety said Ravens played 'dirty'
The regular refs may have missed a few things in their first game back.
Browns safety Ray Ventrone, who starred at Chartiers Valley and Villanova, said the Ravens were dirty.
“I know that they were playing dirty on offense,” Ventrone said Friday as Cleveland's players regrouped after Thursday's loss. “Watch the film, man. There was some dirty stuff going on.”
Ventrone, the Browns' special teams dynamo who is playing despite recently undergoing surgery on a badly broken thumb, said “There was some unnecessary stuff that was happening to our defensive backs most specifically.”
Ventrone said there has been some questionable play in the past but not as much as in this meeting between the teams.
Officials gather for vote
NFL officials on the verge of approving a new contract say they're excited to get back to work.
Officials started arriving Friday at a Dallas-area hotel to discuss and vote on an agreement reached with the league late Wednesday. Some planned to fly directly to their assigned cities for Sunday's game.
The deal must be ratified by 51 percent of the union's 121 members.
Giants WR Nicks hurt again
New York Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks (foot/knee) is listed as doubtful for Sunday night's game against the Eagles.
L.A. stadium gains footing
Los Angeles took a major step toward building a downtown stadium to lure an NFL team back to the nation's second most populous city, despite questions about how a 72,000-seat venue in the city's urban core would impact freeway traffic, nearby housing prices and air quality.
Jets hold out hope on Revis
Rex Ryan said the New York Jets are not ready to place star cornerback Darrelle Revis on season-ending injured reserve in case he recovers from a torn knee ligament in time to play in the Super Bowl.
Lingerie at Cowboys Stadium
Victoria's Secret on Monday will open a store at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington featuring lingerie and other clothing promoting the NFL's most valuable team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Steelers offense finding an unprecedented balance when it counts
- Steelers’ Brown quickly earning reputation as ‘game wrecker’
- Steelers guard DeCastro paving new roads
- Steelers hold off the Falcons to keep moving in AFC North chase
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin unaware of mumps outbreak in NHL
- Steelers notebook: ‘Killer B’s’ set team records in victory
- Injury-thinned Steelers linebackers corps stands tall in win over Falcons