NFL notebook: Packers fans still upset with replacement officials
• With the NFL's regular officials back on the job, Packers players were prepared to move on from a call that cost them a win at Seattle. Their fans didn't quite seem to be ready yet. Some fans showed up Sunday intending to voice their displeasure with replacement officials whose decision to allow a last-second Seahawks touchdown cost the Packers the win Monday night. “Worst Call Ever,” read one fan's shirt. A sign in the stands welcomed back the regular officials, and a handful of fans wore black and white striped shirts.
• New York Jets receiver Santonio Holmes had to be helped from the field after hurting his left foot on the first play of the fourth quarter against San Francisco. The Jets said after the game that Holmes was being treated for a foot problem.
• Tennessee quarterback Jake Locker injured his left shoulder after being sacked by the Houston Texans in the first quarter and missed the rest of the game.
• Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks was inactive for Sunday night's game at Philadelphia. Nicks missed his second straight game since injuring his foot and knee in a 10-catch, 199-yard performance against Tampa Bay on Sept. 16. Domenik Hixon started in his place.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- McCullers’, McLendon’s prowess in clogging trenches crucial to Steelers defense
- Steelers notebook: Injuries finally become issue at training camp
- Inside the Steelers: QB Jones continues to get majority of snaps
- Steelers OLB coach Porter teaches as passionately as he played
- Inside The Steelers: LB Williams dominates backs-on-backers drill at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
- 2014 showing has Steelers RB Harris confident he belongs
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries