NFL notebook: Packers fans still upset with replacement officials
• With the NFL's regular officials back on the job, Packers players were prepared to move on from a call that cost them a win at Seattle. Their fans didn't quite seem to be ready yet. Some fans showed up Sunday intending to voice their displeasure with replacement officials whose decision to allow a last-second Seahawks touchdown cost the Packers the win Monday night. “Worst Call Ever,” read one fan's shirt. A sign in the stands welcomed back the regular officials, and a handful of fans wore black and white striped shirts.
• New York Jets receiver Santonio Holmes had to be helped from the field after hurting his left foot on the first play of the fourth quarter against San Francisco. The Jets said after the game that Holmes was being treated for a foot problem.
• Tennessee quarterback Jake Locker injured his left shoulder after being sacked by the Houston Texans in the first quarter and missed the rest of the game.
• Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks was inactive for Sunday night's game at Philadelphia. Nicks missed his second straight game since injuring his foot and knee in a 10-catch, 199-yard performance against Tampa Bay on Sept. 16. Domenik Hixon started in his place.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t ask for taunting clarification from league
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Missed chances haunt Chiefs against Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Chiefs notebook: Trip not intentional, Walker maintains
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
- Steelers defensive game changer: Fourth-down stop thwarts Chiefs