NFL notebook: Packers fans still upset with replacement officials
• With the NFL's regular officials back on the job, Packers players were prepared to move on from a call that cost them a win at Seattle. Their fans didn't quite seem to be ready yet. Some fans showed up Sunday intending to voice their displeasure with replacement officials whose decision to allow a last-second Seahawks touchdown cost the Packers the win Monday night. “Worst Call Ever,” read one fan's shirt. A sign in the stands welcomed back the regular officials, and a handful of fans wore black and white striped shirts.
• New York Jets receiver Santonio Holmes had to be helped from the field after hurting his left foot on the first play of the fourth quarter against San Francisco. The Jets said after the game that Holmes was being treated for a foot problem.
• Tennessee quarterback Jake Locker injured his left shoulder after being sacked by the Houston Texans in the first quarter and missed the rest of the game.
• Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks was inactive for Sunday night's game at Philadelphia. Nicks missed his second straight game since injuring his foot and knee in a 10-catch, 199-yard performance against Tampa Bay on Sept. 16. Domenik Hixon started in his place.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers submit application to play host to Super Bowl in 2023
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- Steelers CB Allen working to regain form, make an impact
- Steelers wide receiver Wheaton embraces move to slot position
- Steelers running back Bell is taking long-term look at his NFL career
- Australians rule punting competition for chance to play for Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Best RB tandem in NFL?
- Rossi: Moats looks to make a splash with Steelers
- Steelers’ training camp starts early for Hall of Fame game