NFL Notebook: Bucs CB Talib suspended 4 games
TAMPA, Fla. — Tampa Bay's defense was jolted Saturday when the NFL suspended cornerback Aqib Talib four games without pay for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
The fifth-year pro said in a statement released by the team that he took an Adderall pill without a prescription “around the beginning of training camp.” He will not appeal the ban, which begins Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Talib, 26, was the 20th overall pick in the 2008 draft and is one of the team's top defenders with 18 career interceptions. He also will be eligible to return to the active roster on Nov. 5.
“I made a mistake by taking an Adderall pill without a prescription. This is especially regrettable because, for the past several months, with Coach (Greg) Schiano's help, I've worked very hard to improve myself — professionally and personally — as a player and a man,” Talib said.
Buffalo signs two players
The Buffalo Bills signed defensive tackle Jay Ross and offensive lineman David Snow from their practice squad.
Odds and ends
The NFL fined Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald $7,875 for facemasking St. Louis Rams cornerback Janoris Jenkins last week. ... Fourteen players are listed as questionable for Sunday's game at Seattle, including WR Wes Welker (ankle) and tight ends Rob Gronkowski (hip) and Aaron Hernandez (ankle). Hernandez did not practice Friday. ...RB Donald Brown didn't travel with the Colts to play the Jets.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Week 12 — Steelers-Seahawks gameday grades
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- Steelers find success vs. NFC
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Steelers notebook: Brown downplays possible matchup against Seahawks’ Sherman
- Steelers remain cautious of Seattle QB Wilson on ground, through air