Sideline pass with Ike Taylor
I hope you all are enjoying this incredible fall weather. I don't remember the last time it was this nice in Pittsburgh in October. I know I'm enjoying it! I've been doing some shopping over the past few weeks. I think I've mentioned before that I am really a sucker for the fall fashions. Classic coats and scarfs are always in my shopping bag. I have to say that my fall wardrobe is hands down some of my favorite stuff.
We had a great win this past weekend on the road.
We really needed that win, and I'm glad we all came together to make it happen. It always feels great and is a confidence-builder to get wins on the road.
My son is in town right now, and we are having an amazing time together. He's so awesome, I just love spending time with him. He has been coming to practices and spending time with me and my teammates.
They are great with the little guy, and it's nice to have a family-type environment in the locker room. He just like a little mini-me running around out there and strutting his stuff around town. He really cracks me up! We play a lot of video games together and try to spend as much time together as possible.
Halloween has been the topic of discussion since he's gotten here. I mentioned before that he's going to be Darth Vader.
What are you plans for Halloween? I think I might step out on the town and check out the sights. It seems like Halloween gets bigger and bigger each year.
All of the planning and preparation that goes into costumes and parties, it feels like it's almost as big as Christmas. I still want to check out some of your costumes, so tweet them to me at @Ike_SwagginU and I'll make sure to retweet some of my favorites.
On another note, has anyone seen Taken 2 yet? I've been trying to get to the theatre to see it. I really want to check it out, but I want to hear what you guys thought of it. Don't spoil it for me, though! Any other good movies out that I should know about? With the weather changing, I know I'll be checking out a few movies in the coming months.
I hope everyone has a safe Halloween. #SWURVE
Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor is a contributor for Trib Total Media. His column appears Fridays. He also hosts a talk show from 2 to 3 p.m. Tuesdays on TribLive Radio.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Game changers: Turnover leads to elusive TD for Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Rooney says owners support Goodell
- Robinson: Study shows NFL troublemakers don’t get hurt in wallet
- Offense awakens to lead Steelers past Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Panthers LB Kuechly making an impression
- Value of nickel rising in NFL
- Starkey: Can Steelers’ Mitchell find Carolina cure?
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Play to watch: Inside zone read slant/bubble
- Steelers notebook: Former lineman Kemoeatu receives kidney from brother
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles