NFL notebook: Suh likely won't be fined for Cutler hit
• Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh appears to be in the clear for his big hit on quarterback Jay Cutler in Monday's 13-7 Bears win. A league spokesman said the play was legal, and Cutler said on his weekly radio show on Chicago's WMVP-AM (1000) that the play was “clean” and Suh is “a good player.”
• With Maurice Jones-Drew out, the Jacksonville Jaguars signed running back Keith Toston. Rashad Jennings will start Sunday's game at Green Bay in place of Jones-Drew (foot), who could miss several games.
• Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee could require season-ending toe surgery and will miss at least two games, according to multiple reports. Lee, a former star at Upper St. Clair and Penn State, is the Cowboys' leading tackler.
• The NFL Players Association sent a letter to former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue, asking him to clarify why he is an objective, impartial arbitrator in ruling on the appeals of three of the four implicated players in the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal, according to a person informed of the details of the letter.
• Detroit Lions wide receiver Nate Burleson needs season-ending surgery on the broken right leg he suffered in Monday night's 13-7 loss to the Chicago Bears.
• A Buffalo development group unveiled a proposal to build a $1.4 billion waterfront sports and entertainment complex that would include a new stadium for the Bills.
• The Washington Redskins released running back Ryan Grant and brought back running back Keiland Williams, who rushed for 261 yards as an undrafted rookie with the Redskins in 2010.
• Arminta Jones, the mother of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, died. She was 90.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Four downs: Williams brothers on the rise
- New book credits Nunn for Steelers’ 1970s success
- Steelers film study: Team finds success blitzing members of secondary
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell shrugs off Ravens WR’s comments
- Steelers not afraid to bring heat with secondary
- Missed field goals haunt Steelers in OT loss to Ravens
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger frustrated to sit out Ravens game
- Steelers-Ravens grades: Scobee rhymes with ‘D’
- Rossi: Put this Steelers loss squarely on the kicker
- Loss leaves bitter taste for Steelers’ Vick