Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL
Troy Polamalu is the NFL's most popular player, by a hair.
The Steelers safety, limited to one full game this season by a calf injury that will keep him out Sunday as well, leads the NFL likeability survey conducted for Forbes Magazine by Nielsen, in collaboration with E-Poll Market Research.
Polamalu's reckless style and wildly flowing hair — seen constantly in his Head & Shoulders commercials — contribute to his popularity, as does the fact that he plays for a prominent team.
Polamalu's appeal rating of 63 percent put him slightly ahead of Saints quarterback Drew Brees and Packers defensive back Charles Woodson (both 62 percent), Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning (59) and Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski (both 58).
The least-liked players are Lions defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh (19 percent), Bears quarterback Jay Cutler (21), Eagles quarterback Michael Vick (23), 49ers receiver Randy Moss (24) and Raiders backup quarterback Matt Leinart (26).
Ben seeks to complete TD list
Ben Roethlisberger is 2-0 against the Redskins, but they are the only NFL team he has not thrown a touchdown pass against. He's 14 of 37 (37.8 percent) passing against them.
One start came during his rookie season in 2004. He was pulled at halftime with a shoulder injury in 2008.
— Alan Robinson
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Rossi: Steelers will make small strides this season
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster