NFL Notebook: Jennings to undergo groin surgery
• Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings will have surgery Tuesday to repair the groin injury that has limited him to three games this season. Jennings didn't give a timetable for his return Thursday, but says the recovery won't end his season. “Honestly, I'm over being bummed about it. That took place three, four weeks ago,” Jennings said Thursday. “It is what it is. I need to take care of it to 100 percent, and that's the process I'm taking.”
• Washington Redskins receiver Pierre Garcon says he has a torn ligament on the bottom of his right foot and he's hoping to avoid surgery. Garcon said “surgery is an option” that probably would end his season.
• In Minneapolis, rookie Doug Martin racked up 214 total yards and two touchdowns, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers blew out Minnesota, 36-17, on Thursday night to hand the Vikings their first home loss of the season. Adrian Peterson had a season-long 64-yard run for a score that brought the Vikings to 30-17, but his lost fumble in Minnesota territory in the second quarter led directly to a touchdown by the Buccaneers (3-4). Peterson had 123 yards rushing.
• Jimmy Haslam's $1.05 billion purchase of the Cleveland Browns from Randy Lerner was closed Thursday, just nine days after the sale was approved by the league's owners.
• Denver Broncos cornerback Tracy Porter missed practice Thursday to see a doctor about symptoms he continues to experience following a seizure he suffered in August. Porter is hoping to get medical clearance to play Sunday night against the New Orleans Saints.
• St. Louis Rams wide receiver Danny Amendola (shoulder) thinks there's an “outside chance” he can play against the Patriots on Sunday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots
- Steelers notebook: Gay, secondary brace for Saints QB Brees
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Steelers cut ties with running back Blount after incident in Tennessee
- Steelers’ Mitchell banned from social media
- Steelers Film Session: Sticking with what works
- Steelers rally past Titans for key win