NFL Notebook: Pats TE Hernandez out for London game
New England tight end Aaron Hernandez will miss Sunday's game against the St. Louis Rams in London while he recovers from a sprained ankle.
Hernandez played the last two weeks but has not been at full strength since hurting his right ankle in the second game of the season.
NFL files motion
NFL lawyers filed a motion in U.S. District Court in New Orleans requesting former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue be allowed to hear appeals on the Saints' bounties case next week.
The action comes after the players' union and the four players suspended in the bounties' case filed a motion asking that Tagliabue recuse himself because of a conflict of interest and that a neutral arbitrator be appointed by the court.
Ravens fined $20K
The NFL fined the Baltimore Ravens $20,000 for not listing safety Ed Reed on the team's injury report. Reed publicly acknowledged his right shoulder injury Oct. 17, a few days before the Ravens played Houston, and said it could be affecting his play.
Fujita ponders retiring
Scott Fujita is contemplating retirement from the Cleveland Browns because of a neck injury. Fujita, 33, said he is not ready to announce that his career is over and wants time to discuss the decision with family.
Vikings CB out 2 months
Vikings cornerback Chris Cook was placed on injured reserve with a broken right arm and will need seven or eight weeks to recover from surgery.
Scott's streak in jeopardy
New York Jets linebacker Bart Scott is doubtful to play Sunday against the Miami Dolphins because of a toe injury, meaning his streak of appearing in 119 straight games is likely to end.
Titans LT Roos out
Left tackle Michael Roos' 119-game consecutive starts streak will come to an end. The Titans ruled him out for Sunday's game against the Colts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Jaguars’ Bortles is mirror image of Steelers’ Roethlisberger
- Starkey: Slapstick Steelers deserved to lose
- NFL record little solace for Steelers WR Brown
- Steelers secondary aims to improve execution in order to prevent future mistakes
- Infractions, lack of discipline cost Steelers in loss to Buccaneers
- Steelers notebook: Harrison feeling down after loss in return
- Steelers’ LeBeau faces another challenge
- Bucs’ Murphy turns back the clock to burn Steelers again
- Steelers DE Heyward making strides