NFL Notebook: Jaguars promote practice squad QB
The Jacksonville Jaguars promoted quarterback John Parker Wilson from the practice squad, an indication the team is uncertain about the status of starter Blaine Gabbert for Sunday's game at Green Bay. Gabbert is probable with an injured non-throwing shoulder. Chad Henne had been the team's only backup quarterback.
Panthers sticking with Stewart at running back
Jonathan Stewart will make his second consecutive start at running back Sunday against the Chicago Bears as Panthers coach Ron Rivera looks for a hot hand in the running game.
Former Vikings top pick gets 15 months for fraud
Former Minnesota Vikings first-round draft pick Michael Bennett was sentenced to more than a year in prison for taking part in a fraud scheme. The 34-year-old Bennett was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings in 2002 and played for six teams, last appearing for the Oakland Raiders in 2010.
Panthers OL suspended 4 games for PED
Carolina Panthers offensive lineman Lee Ziemba has been suspended for four games after testing positive for a banned stimulant.
Giants S Phillips, DT Bernard out vs. Cowboys
New York Giants safety Kenny Phillips (knee) and defensive tackle Rocky Bernard (quadriceps) are ruled out for Sunday's game in Dallas against the Cowboys.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Steelers’ Heyward looking to stay for long haul
- Steelers interested in playing internationally again
- Former Steelers kicker Reed doesn’t like new NFL PAT rule
- Steelers claim QB-turned-WR Gardner
- Former Steelers linebacker Robinson dies
- Steelers’ Lemon hopes to put squeeze on opposing QBs
- West Virginia WR White selected by Bears
- Steelers sign first-round pick Dupree