Redskins' LB Fletcher active; games streak continues
London Fletcher's consecutive games' streak lives.
The Washington Redskins have made the veteran linebacker active for Sunday's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, extending Fletcher's consecutive games streak to 232, longest in the NFL.
The 37-year-old was listed as questionable after spending the week dealing with head and hamstring injuries.
The Redskins has placed injured wide receiver Pierre Garcon on the inactive list. Garcon has been limited to just three games this season due to a lingering toe injury.
The Steelers have made running backs Rashard Mendenhall and Isaac Redman inactive. Mendenhall is dealing with a right Achilles tendon injury, while Redman has been limited by ankle problems. Jonathan Dwyer, who rushed for 122 yards in a win over Cincinnati last week, will make his second career start.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Red-zone defense helps Steelers hang on against Falcons
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Steelers notebook: ‘Killer B’s’ set team records in victory
- Steelers’ Brown quickly earning reputation as ‘game wrecker’
- Game changers: Gay takes another interception the distance