NFL notebook: Chiefs QB Quinn suffers head injury
• Chiefs quarterback Brady Quinn was being evaluated for what the team called a head injury after leaving in the first half of their game against Oakland. Quinn was hit hard on a sack by Rolando McClain on the Chiefs' third possession, then took another shot when he threw an interception off his back foot. Running back Nate Eachus also left with a head injury.
• Rams wide receiver Danny Amendola missed his third straight game with a right shoulder injury.
• Dolphins rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill left the team's game against the Jets with an injured left knee and quadriceps muscle.
• Jets linebacker Bart Scott was not active for the team's game against the Dolphins because of a toe injury, ending his streak of consecutive games played at 119.
• Falcons coach Mike Smith moved past Dan Reeves into first place on the club's all-time list with 50 wins after a 30-17 victory over the Eagles.
• Donald Driver appeared in his 200th regular-season game, joining Brett Favre as the only Packers to accomplish the milestone. Driver is the 22nd wide receiver in the NFL to play in 200 games.
• New England surpassed 350 yards of total offense for the 17th straight game, breaking an NFL record set by the Rams in 1999-2000.
• Fighting back tears and surrounded by some of his former teammates, Dennis Byrd walked to the middle of the MetLife Stadium field as his No. 90 jersey was retired by the Jets. Byrd, briefly paralyzed 20 years ago in a game against Kansas City, became the fifth Jets player to receive the honor — joining Beaver Falls native Joe Namath, Don Maynard, Joe Klecko and Allderdice and Pitt product Curtis Martin.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- Steelers notebook: New kicker Scobee relishes opportunity
- Steelers’ Tomlin disappointed by Bryant suspension
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers