Brown fined for unsportsmanlike conduct
By Mark Kaboly
Published: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 10:58 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
The NFL fined Steelers receiver Antonio Brown $10,000 for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty during last week's 27-12 win over Washington.
Brown was penalized for running into the end zone backward from the 20-yard line during a 78-yard punt return in the third quarter that ultimately was called back because of a block in the back.
It was the third unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for Brown dating to last year's preseason.
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin wasn't happy with Brown's taunting. He said it “wasn't respectful” and that he addressed the matter with Brown and the team.
Mark Kaboly is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch learns new form of 2-minute drill
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
BS in my opinion...taunting happens after the play is over. This was showboating, which is still stupid and could cost the team a score since the play is still live and mistakes could happen, but not worthy of a fine by the league. I personally thought it was kind of funny that Brown was faster running backwards than the other guy running forward.
Submitted by: John on Saturday, November 3, 2012
I like AB but I didn't like that display. Just toss the ball to the ref.. Act like you've been there before and you're going to do it again.