NFL notebook: Broncos' Manning ties Marino for 2nd on career TD pass list
• Peyton Manning threw his 420th career touchdown pass in the first quarter against the Carolina Panthers to move into a tie with Dan Marino for the second-most touchdown passes in NFL history. Manning tied the record on a 14-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Stokely. Brett Favre has the most TD passes in NFL history with 508.
• Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil left the game against the Panthers with a left shoulder injury and did not return.
• Tampa Bay linebacker Quincy Black was carted off the field after tackling San Diego running back Ryan Matthews during the third quarter of Sunday's game between the Buccaneers and Chargers. Black stopped Matthews for a 1-yard loss, but remained on the ground with just under four minutes remaining. Trainers examined the sixth-year pro for several minutes.
• St. Louis cornerback Janoris Jenkins and wide receiver Chris Givens were inactive for the Rams' game against the San Francisco 49ers for a violation of team rules.
• Detroit Lions defensive end Cliff Avril left the game against Minnesota in the third quarter with a head injury. Avril was shaken up on Minnesota's first possession of the half. The Lions said he was being evaluated for a possible concussion.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb
- Veteran Keisel settles into role with Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Team cuts 15 players, including LB So’oto, RB Hall
- For Steelers outside linebacker Jones, size is not an obstacle
- Preseason valuable for Steelers’ offensive line
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell faces former team, hurts leg
- Why Steelers will — or won’t — snap out of their funk
- In last preseason game, a final audition for some Steelers