NFL notebook: Broncos' Manning ties Marino for 2nd on career TD pass list
• Peyton Manning threw his 420th career touchdown pass in the first quarter against the Carolina Panthers to move into a tie with Dan Marino for the second-most touchdown passes in NFL history. Manning tied the record on a 14-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Stokely. Brett Favre has the most TD passes in NFL history with 508.
• Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil left the game against the Panthers with a left shoulder injury and did not return.
• Tampa Bay linebacker Quincy Black was carted off the field after tackling San Diego running back Ryan Matthews during the third quarter of Sunday's game between the Buccaneers and Chargers. Black stopped Matthews for a 1-yard loss, but remained on the ground with just under four minutes remaining. Trainers examined the sixth-year pro for several minutes.
• St. Louis cornerback Janoris Jenkins and wide receiver Chris Givens were inactive for the Rams' game against the San Francisco 49ers for a violation of team rules.
• Detroit Lions defensive end Cliff Avril left the game against Minnesota in the third quarter with a head injury. Avril was shaken up on Minnesota's first possession of the half. The Lions said he was being evaluated for a possible concussion.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job
- Steelers’ Brown combats disruptive defensive ploys
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- Steelers’ defense out of sync
- Robinson: There’s no telling when play of aging QBs will fall off
- Steelers notebook: LeBeau admits Steelers were rattled
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments
- Tomlin can’t dodge Baltimore sideline misstep
- NFL looking for boost with Thursday night games, starting with Steelers-Ravens
- Steelers film session: Missed tackles prove costly