NFL notebook: Broncos' Manning ties Marino for 2nd on career TD pass list
• Peyton Manning threw his 420th career touchdown pass in the first quarter against the Carolina Panthers to move into a tie with Dan Marino for the second-most touchdown passes in NFL history. Manning tied the record on a 14-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Stokely. Brett Favre has the most TD passes in NFL history with 508.
• Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil left the game against the Panthers with a left shoulder injury and did not return.
• Tampa Bay linebacker Quincy Black was carted off the field after tackling San Diego running back Ryan Matthews during the third quarter of Sunday's game between the Buccaneers and Chargers. Black stopped Matthews for a 1-yard loss, but remained on the ground with just under four minutes remaining. Trainers examined the sixth-year pro for several minutes.
• St. Louis cornerback Janoris Jenkins and wide receiver Chris Givens were inactive for the Rams' game against the San Francisco 49ers for a violation of team rules.
• Detroit Lions defensive end Cliff Avril left the game against Minnesota in the third quarter with a head injury. Avril was shaken up on Minnesota's first possession of the half. The Lions said he was being evaluated for a possible concussion.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Safety Collins seeks to buck Alabama DB trend
- NFL Draft preview: Safety crop offers no sure-fire stars
- Steelers legend Blount to announce team’s second-round draft pick
- Miami linebacker Perryman eager to stand tall on draft day
- NFL Draft preview: UCLA’s Kendricks leads deep inside linebacker class
- Wisconsin’s Gordon flashes ahead of the pack
- Steelers wrap up pre-draft visits with four defensive players
- NFL Draft preview: Thin crop of offensive tackles available
- NFL Draft preview: Running back class is deep, talented
- Steelers bring in 2 more cornerbacks for visits
- Steelers open daunting season at Patriots, play 5 prime-time games