Matchup of the week: Steelers WRs vs. Ravens CBs
Published: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 10:56 p.m.
Updated: Friday, November 23, 2012
WRs MIKE WALLACE/EMMANUEL SANDERS vs.RAVENS CBs CARY WILLIAMS/COREY GRAHAM
MATCHUP: The Steelers wide receivers had a difficult time getting open against the Kansas City Chiefs last week but could find it a little easier against the Ravens. Starting cornerback Jimmy Smith, who was replacing injured starter Lardarius Webb, underwent groin surgery earlier in the week and is out, leaving the Ravens with Cary Williams (pictured) and the unproven Corey Graham and Chykie Brown.
WALLACE/SANDERS: Wallace was targeted only seven times last week and Sanders six with Antonio Brown out of the lineup. It will be critical for both to provide open targets for Byron Leftwich, who is replacing injured starter Ben Roethlisberger. Wallace has gone over 100 yards just once this year and that was a Week 3 game against Oakland.
WILLIAMS/GRAHAM: The 6-foot-1, 185-pound Williams hasn't exactly been having a banner year, allowing a league-high 47 receptions and is second in giving up four touchdowns. Graham will start for the second consecutive week but likely will move to the slot in the nickel, putting Chykie Brown on the corner. Graham allowed seven catches in last week's game against Oakland.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Robinson: 10 Steelers storylines to keep tabs on
- Steelers defensive lineman Keisel hosts kids for day of fishing
- Rookie running back Bell vows to protect Big Ben
- Miller believes tight end position in good hands
- Steelers’ makeover taking shape
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger throws; 4th-round pick Jones signs
- Steelers notebook: Training camp starts on July 26
- Haley enhances offense in second season
- Steelers’ Polamalu strives to regain status as elite safety
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger downplays knee surgery
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.