Matchup of the week: Steelers WRs vs. Ravens CBs
WRs MIKE WALLACE/EMMANUEL SANDERS vs.RAVENS CBs CARY WILLIAMS/COREY GRAHAM
MATCHUP: The Steelers wide receivers had a difficult time getting open against the Kansas City Chiefs last week but could find it a little easier against the Ravens. Starting cornerback Jimmy Smith, who was replacing injured starter Lardarius Webb, underwent groin surgery earlier in the week and is out, leaving the Ravens with Cary Williams (pictured) and the unproven Corey Graham and Chykie Brown.
WALLACE/SANDERS: Wallace was targeted only seven times last week and Sanders six with Antonio Brown out of the lineup. It will be critical for both to provide open targets for Byron Leftwich, who is replacing injured starter Ben Roethlisberger. Wallace has gone over 100 yards just once this year and that was a Week 3 game against Oakland.
WILLIAMS/GRAHAM: The 6-foot-1, 185-pound Williams hasn't exactly been having a banner year, allowing a league-high 47 receptions and is second in giving up four touchdowns. Graham will start for the second consecutive week but likely will move to the slot in the nickel, putting Chykie Brown on the corner. Graham allowed seven catches in last week's game against Oakland.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Week 12 — Steelers-Seahawks gameday grades
- Steelers DL McLendon’s position switch versus Bengals pays dividends