Steelers matchup of the week: LB James Harrison vs. Browns LT Joe Thomas
By Mark Kaboly
Published: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Friday, November 30, 2012
STEELERS LB JAMES HARRISON vs. BROWNS LT JOE THOMAS
MATCHUP: Joe Thomas and James Harrison have engaged in some epic battles, and there has been bad blood between them. Thomas accused Harrison of flopping three years ago after Harrison complained about being held. The two have had pretty even battles over the years. In eight matchups against Thomas, Harrison has only 2½ sacks.
HARRISON: He slowly has been working his way back into football shape after missing the first three games of the year with a knee injury. Harrison had his best game last week against the Ravens with five tackles, two pressures and just his second sack of the season. For the year, Harrison has 32 tackles, but he has been durable, playing in all but two snaps since his return.
THOMAS: He has been a workhorse for the Browns since getting drafted with the third pick in the 2007 draft. Thomas has yet to miss a snap in his six years, including 663 this year. Thomas is having another stellar season: He's allowed only two sacks in 409 pass attempts. Thomas has allowed quarterback Brandon Weeden to be hit only twice while being a dominant force in the run game with Trent Richardson.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.