NFL notebook: Suh's left cleat hits Schaub below the belt
• The left cleat of Lions defensive tackleNdamukong Suh connected with Texans quarterback Matt Schaub in his groin area during their game Thursday. It wasn't clear on replays whether it was intentional. “I really don't have anything to say about that play or that person,” Schaub said. Suh was on his chest, taken down by an offensive lineman, when he extended his left foot below Schaub's belt. Suh didn't talk to reporters after the game. Last year on Thanksgiving, Suh was ejected for stomping on the right arm of the Packers' Evan Dietrich-Smith and was suspended for two games.
• Texans linebacker Brooks Reed left Thursday's game with a groin injury, appearing to favor his left leg, and never returned.
• Cowboys receiverMiles Austin (right hip), cornerback Orlando Scandrick (left hand) and linebacker Bruce Carter (left elbow) left Thursday's game against the Redskins due to injuries.
• Redskins linebacker London Fletcher extended his consecutive games streak to 235. The 15-year veteran, who has never missed a game, made his 190th straight start Thursday. Fletcher sprained his right ankle last weekend and had just five days to try to recover.
• An apologetic Bills cornerback Leodis McKelvin acknowledges he was wrong and won't dispute a $75 fine for failing to follow a crew member's orders during a flight to Buffalo. McKelvin said he was ticketed for refusing to turn off his cellphone and failing to buckle his seatbelt.
• The Cowboys Stadium roof was open for Thursday, and there was a brief period of rain in the second quarter. It was the first time since the stadium opened in 2009 that rain fell while the roof was open during a Cowboys game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Rookie linebacker Chickillo adjusting to role with Steelers
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Four downs: Spreading the wealth and still succeeding
- Steelers LB Moats fined minimum for facemask on Manziel
- Steelers not giving up on wresting AFC North from Bengals