Browns wave off white flag giveaway versus Steelers
The Cleveland Browns waved off their white-flag giveaway.
Following days of criticism, the Browns have decided to cancel a promotion to hand out white flags to fans before Sunday's game against the Steelers. Because white flags symbolize surrender, the giveaway seemed to imply the Browns were giving up against the Steelers, who have won 16 of the past 17 games between the AFC North foes.
The flag giveaway was poorly received by many Browns fans and even some players.
Eagles' Vick, McCoy out
Philadelphia quarterback Michael Vick and former Pitt running back LeSean McCoy have been ruled out for the Eagles' game against Carolina on Monday night because of concussions.
Coach Andy Reid announced the decisions Saturday.
Eagles trainer Rick Burkholder said Vick is symptom-free, but McCoy has headaches and dizziness.
Chiefs make moves
The Kansas City Chiefs waived offensive lineman Rich Ranglin and elevated wide receiver Jamar Newsome from the practice squad to the 53-man roster.
Newsome originally joined the Chiefs' practice squad in December 2011 after playing two games with Jacksonville that season. The former Central Florida player also spent time on the Steelers' practice squad.
Raiders promote LB
The Oakland Raiders promoted linebacker Kaelin Burnett from the practice squad to fill the spot vacated by Aaron Curry's release.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL Draft preview: Safety crop offers no sure-fire stars
- Safety Collins seeks to buck Alabama DB trend
- Steelers legend Blount to announce team’s second-round draft pick
- Miami linebacker Perryman eager to stand tall on draft day
- Steelers wrap up pre-draft visits with four defensive players
- NFL Draft preview: UCLA’s Kendricks leads deep inside linebacker class
- Steelers open daunting season at Patriots, play 5 prime-time games
- Minnesota tight end Williams hopes to join father as 1st-round pick
- NFL Draft preview: Running back class is deep, talented
- NFL Draft preview: Interior linemen replace flash with experience this year
- Wisconsin’s Gordon flashes ahead of the pack