Browns wave off white flag giveaway versus Steelers
The Cleveland Browns waved off their white-flag giveaway.
Following days of criticism, the Browns have decided to cancel a promotion to hand out white flags to fans before Sunday's game against the Steelers. Because white flags symbolize surrender, the giveaway seemed to imply the Browns were giving up against the Steelers, who have won 16 of the past 17 games between the AFC North foes.
The flag giveaway was poorly received by many Browns fans and even some players.
Eagles' Vick, McCoy out
Philadelphia quarterback Michael Vick and former Pitt running back LeSean McCoy have been ruled out for the Eagles' game against Carolina on Monday night because of concussions.
Coach Andy Reid announced the decisions Saturday.
Eagles trainer Rick Burkholder said Vick is symptom-free, but McCoy has headaches and dizziness.
Chiefs make moves
The Kansas City Chiefs waived offensive lineman Rich Ranglin and elevated wide receiver Jamar Newsome from the practice squad to the 53-man roster.
Newsome originally joined the Chiefs' practice squad in December 2011 after playing two games with Jacksonville that season. The former Central Florida player also spent time on the Steelers' practice squad.
Raiders promote LB
The Oakland Raiders promoted linebacker Kaelin Burnett from the practice squad to fill the spot vacated by Aaron Curry's release.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Missed chances haunt Chiefs against Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Chiefs notebook: Trip not intentional, Walker maintains
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason