Browns wave off white flag giveaway versus Steelers
The Cleveland Browns waved off their white-flag giveaway.
Following days of criticism, the Browns have decided to cancel a promotion to hand out white flags to fans before Sunday's game against the Steelers. Because white flags symbolize surrender, the giveaway seemed to imply the Browns were giving up against the Steelers, who have won 16 of the past 17 games between the AFC North foes.
The flag giveaway was poorly received by many Browns fans and even some players.
Eagles' Vick, McCoy out
Philadelphia quarterback Michael Vick and former Pitt running back LeSean McCoy have been ruled out for the Eagles' game against Carolina on Monday night because of concussions.
Coach Andy Reid announced the decisions Saturday.
Eagles trainer Rick Burkholder said Vick is symptom-free, but McCoy has headaches and dizziness.
Chiefs make moves
The Kansas City Chiefs waived offensive lineman Rich Ranglin and elevated wide receiver Jamar Newsome from the practice squad to the 53-man roster.
Newsome originally joined the Chiefs' practice squad in December 2011 after playing two games with Jacksonville that season. The former Central Florida player also spent time on the Steelers' practice squad.
Raiders promote LB
The Oakland Raiders promoted linebacker Kaelin Burnett from the practice squad to fill the spot vacated by Aaron Curry's release.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- Steelers submit application to play host to Super Bowl in 2023
- Steelers wide receiver Wheaton embraces move to slot position
- Steelers notebook: Best RB tandem in NFL?
- Steelers CB Allen working to regain form, make an impact
- Steelers to honor Bettis with ring ceremony in October
- Australians rule punting competition for chance to play for Steelers
- Steelers running back Bell is taking long-term look at his NFL career