Browns wave off white flag giveaway versus Steelers
The Cleveland Browns waved off their white-flag giveaway.
Following days of criticism, the Browns have decided to cancel a promotion to hand out white flags to fans before Sunday's game against the Steelers. Because white flags symbolize surrender, the giveaway seemed to imply the Browns were giving up against the Steelers, who have won 16 of the past 17 games between the AFC North foes.
The flag giveaway was poorly received by many Browns fans and even some players.
Eagles' Vick, McCoy out
Philadelphia quarterback Michael Vick and former Pitt running back LeSean McCoy have been ruled out for the Eagles' game against Carolina on Monday night because of concussions.
Coach Andy Reid announced the decisions Saturday.
Eagles trainer Rick Burkholder said Vick is symptom-free, but McCoy has headaches and dizziness.
Chiefs make moves
The Kansas City Chiefs waived offensive lineman Rich Ranglin and elevated wide receiver Jamar Newsome from the practice squad to the 53-man roster.
Newsome originally joined the Chiefs' practice squad in December 2011 after playing two games with Jacksonville that season. The former Central Florida player also spent time on the Steelers' practice squad.
Raiders promote LB
The Oakland Raiders promoted linebacker Kaelin Burnett from the practice squad to fill the spot vacated by Aaron Curry's release.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wildcat formation is pulled back out of Steelers’ bag of tricks
- Rossi: Just wait until Ben comes back
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin dismisses clock run-off near end of Chargers game
- Tomlin on Bell’s late TD: ‘We were going to go for it’
- Steelers defense displays resiliency in victory over Chargers
- Bell’s last-second TD lifts Steelers over Chargers
- Steelers notebook: Receiver Bryant inactive for game vs. Chargers
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Four Downs: Steelers’ Cockrell finds ways to get noticed
- Opposing TEs Miller, Gates took differing paths to greatness
- Steelers notebook: Shazier will miss 3rd consecutive game