Steelers sign Chartiers Valley graduate Ventrone, five others
The Steelers signed six players to their offseason roster Wednesday, including former Patriots defensive back Ross Ventrone.
Ventrone, from Chartiers Valley and Villanova, signed with New England as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2010 and spent parts of that season and 2011 on the Patriots' active roster and practice squad. He was cut during training camp last summer.
Ventrone is the younger brother of Browns safety Ray Ventrone.
Also signed to the offseason roster were five players who spent time on the practice squad this season: offensive linemen Joe Long and Justin Cheadle, wide receivers Derek Moye and Bert Reed and cornerback Isaiah Green.
All six players signed reserve/future contracts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Film session: Long shots dotted Steelers’ passing game
- Steelers receiver Wheaton takes advantage of opportunity in breakout game
- Steelers notebook: Bryant confident in backup Jones if Big Ben can’t play
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Week 12 — Steelers-Seahawks gameday grades
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line