Steelers sign Chartiers Valley graduate Ventrone, five others
The Steelers signed six players to their offseason roster Wednesday, including former Patriots defensive back Ross Ventrone.
Ventrone, from Chartiers Valley and Villanova, signed with New England as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2010 and spent parts of that season and 2011 on the Patriots' active roster and practice squad. He was cut during training camp last summer.
Ventrone is the younger brother of Browns safety Ray Ventrone.
Also signed to the offseason roster were five players who spent time on the practice squad this season: offensive linemen Joe Long and Justin Cheadle, wide receivers Derek Moye and Bert Reed and cornerback Isaiah Green.
All six players signed reserve/future contracts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- McCullers’, McLendon’s prowess in clogging trenches crucial to Steelers defense
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Steelers notebook: Injuries finally become issue at training camp
- Inside the Steelers: QB Jones continues to get majority of snaps
- Steelers OLB coach Porter teaches as passionately as he played
- 2014 showing has Steelers RB Harris confident he belongs
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Inside The Steelers: LB Williams dominates backs-on-backers drill at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin says Latrobe session won’t differ from normal practice
- Steelers notebook: Officials discuss new game ball procedures