Steelers sign Chartiers Valley graduate Ventrone, five others
The Steelers signed six players to their offseason roster Wednesday, including former Patriots defensive back Ross Ventrone.
Ventrone, from Chartiers Valley and Villanova, signed with New England as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2010 and spent parts of that season and 2011 on the Patriots' active roster and practice squad. He was cut during training camp last summer.
Ventrone is the younger brother of Browns safety Ray Ventrone.
Also signed to the offseason roster were five players who spent time on the practice squad this season: offensive linemen Joe Long and Justin Cheadle, wide receivers Derek Moye and Bert Reed and cornerback Isaiah Green.
All six players signed reserve/future contracts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Steelers re-sign LB Harrison to 2-year deal
- Steelers notebook: Harrison return complicated by LeBeau, Titans
- Steelers notebook: Team seek ease on West Coast travel
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Ex-Steeler Worilds makes ‘faith-based’ decision to move on from football
- Tomlin eyes Steelers’ return to defensive success this season
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell could move to replace Polamalu
- Tomlin expects Steelers offense to grow