Steelers sign Chartiers Valley graduate Ventrone, five others
The Steelers signed six players to their offseason roster Wednesday, including former Patriots defensive back Ross Ventrone.
Ventrone, from Chartiers Valley and Villanova, signed with New England as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2010 and spent parts of that season and 2011 on the Patriots' active roster and practice squad. He was cut during training camp last summer.
Ventrone is the younger brother of Browns safety Ray Ventrone.
Also signed to the offseason roster were five players who spent time on the practice squad this season: offensive linemen Joe Long and Justin Cheadle, wide receivers Derek Moye and Bert Reed and cornerback Isaiah Green.
All six players signed reserve/future contracts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Injury-thinned Steelers linebackers corps stands tall in win over Falcons
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Steelers Film Session: Falcons find way to limit Bell’s production