Steelers sign Chartiers Valley graduate Ventrone, five others
The Steelers signed six players to their offseason roster Wednesday, including former Patriots defensive back Ross Ventrone.
Ventrone, from Chartiers Valley and Villanova, signed with New England as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2010 and spent parts of that season and 2011 on the Patriots' active roster and practice squad. He was cut during training camp last summer.
Ventrone is the younger brother of Browns safety Ray Ventrone.
Also signed to the offseason roster were five players who spent time on the practice squad this season: offensive linemen Joe Long and Justin Cheadle, wide receivers Derek Moye and Bert Reed and cornerback Isaiah Green.
All six players signed reserve/future contracts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz
- Steelers notebook: Shazier practices, hopes to play Monday at Chargers
- Steelers film session: No crowd in backfield
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Bell prepared to carry Steelers offense
- Nothing normal about Steelers’ standard as backups fill vital roles
- Steelers notebook: CB Cockrell vaults ahead of Boykin on depth chart
- Starkey: Now it’s real for Vick, Steelers