Steelers coordinator Haley interviews with Cardinals
By Alan Robinson
Published: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 4:14 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Offensive coordinator Todd Haley interviewed Wednesday for the Arizona Cardinals' head coaching job, Steelers president Art Rooney II said.
Haley is highly regarded in Arizona after being coordinator there in 2007-08. His offense ranked No. 4 in the NFL when the Cardinals advanced to the Super Bowl against Pittsburgh during the 2008 season. He spent most of the next three seasons as the Chiefs' head coach.
In Haley's first season in Pittsburgh, the Steelers' offense finished 21st overall, 14th in passing and 26th in rushing, regressing after quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was injured at midseason.
“When any team loses their starting quarterback it has a dramatic effect,” Rooney said. “I think you have to evaluate (the offense) in terms of when our quarterback was healthy. I think we were getting pretty good results, and they were the results we hoped for.”
• Former Eagles starting linebacker Brian Rolle signed a reserve/future contract. He played in four games before being cut by Philadelphia on Oct. 2. The former Ohio State player, who is 5-foot-10 and 240 pounds, started 13 of 15 games as a rookie in 2011. He was a sixth-round pick.
— Alan Robinson
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch learns new form of 2-minute drill
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Starks prepared to part ways with Steelers
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.