Steelers' official to interview for Jets' GM job
Omar Khan, the Steelers' director of football and business administration, will interview Thursday for the New York Jets' vacant general manager opening.
The Jets fired general manager Mike Tannenbaum last week.
Khan has been with the Steelers as their chief negotiator since 2001 and has been responsible for keeping the Steelers under the salary cap. He was promoted to Football and Business Administrator this summer.
Khan, who turns 36 in February, has been mentioned as a general manager candidate for a couple of years. Khan last year declined an interview request from the St. Louis Rams.
— Mark Kaboly
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker