Steelers' official to interview for Jets' GM job
Omar Khan, the Steelers' director of football and business administration, will interview Thursday for the New York Jets' vacant general manager opening.
The Jets fired general manager Mike Tannenbaum last week.
Khan has been with the Steelers as their chief negotiator since 2001 and has been responsible for keeping the Steelers under the salary cap. He was promoted to Football and Business Administrator this summer.
Khan, who turns 36 in February, has been mentioned as a general manager candidate for a couple of years. Khan last year declined an interview request from the St. Louis Rams.
— Mark Kaboly
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t ask for taunting clarification from league
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Missed chances haunt Chiefs against Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Chiefs notebook: Trip not intentional, Walker maintains
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
- Steelers defensive game changer: Fourth-down stop thwarts Chiefs