Steelers' official to interview for Jets' GM job
Omar Khan, the Steelers' director of football and business administration, will interview Thursday for the New York Jets' vacant general manager opening.
The Jets fired general manager Mike Tannenbaum last week.
Khan has been with the Steelers as their chief negotiator since 2001 and has been responsible for keeping the Steelers under the salary cap. He was promoted to Football and Business Administrator this summer.
Khan, who turns 36 in February, has been mentioned as a general manager candidate for a couple of years. Khan last year declined an interview request from the St. Louis Rams.
— Mark Kaboly
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Week 12 — Steelers-Seahawks gameday grades
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Steelers notebook: Brown downplays possible matchup against Seahawks’ Sherman
- Steelers find success vs. NFC
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension