Steelers' official to interview for Jets' GM job
Omar Khan, the Steelers' director of football and business administration, will interview Thursday for the New York Jets' vacant general manager opening.
The Jets fired general manager Mike Tannenbaum last week.
Khan has been with the Steelers as their chief negotiator since 2001 and has been responsible for keeping the Steelers under the salary cap. He was promoted to Football and Business Administrator this summer.
Khan, who turns 36 in February, has been mentioned as a general manager candidate for a couple of years. Khan last year declined an interview request from the St. Louis Rams.
— Mark Kaboly
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Steelers cut ties with running back Blount after incident in Tennessee
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Robinson: Injuries derail success of Steelers’ young defensive players
- Steelers’ Mitchell banned from social media
- Lack of experienced backup means more work for Steelers RB Bell
- Workhorse role suits Steelers running back Bell
- Rossi: Book on Steelers coach Tomlin is still open
- Steelers Film Session: Sticking with what works