Which was the best of the Steelers' Super Bowl teams?
The voting ballot
A panel of 15 NFL media members was polled to determine the ranking of the Steelers' six Super Bowl-winning teams. Voting was done on a 6-5-4-3-2-1 basis:
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th Tot.
1978 9 3 2 0 1 0 79
1975 4 8 1 1 0 1 72
1979 1 1 6 2 3 2 49
1974 1 0 5 5 2 2 47
2008 0 2 1 4 3 5 37
2005 0 1 0 3 6 5 31
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers notebook: Opportunity awaits Boykin
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger remains in concussion protocol
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Steelers receiver Wheaton takes advantage of opportunity in breakout game
- Film session: Long shots dotted Steelers’ passing game
- Steelers notebook: Bryant confident in backup Jones if Big Ben can’t play
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Week 12 — Steelers-Seahawks gameday grades
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line