Steelers host three prospects for upcoming NFL Draft
Inside linebacker Vince Williams of Florida State, defensive end/linebacker John Simon of Ohio State and running back Christine Michael of Texas A&M visited Monday with the Steelers. They were the first players brought in for in-house interviews.
NFL teams are permitted to bring in as many 30 players for interviews in advance of the April 25-27 draft.
Simon and Michael are projected as early to mid-round picks, and Williams, who visited last week with the Chiefs, is seen as a later-round pick.
Simon is coming off shoulder surgery that didn't allow him to take part in any of the drills at the recent NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, so he had his own pro day last week in Columbus, Ohio.
Simon was a first-team All-Big Ten player last season and led the conference with nine sacks. Michael was a backup last season but ran for 12 touchdowns and 417 yards on 88 carries.
Alan Robinson is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @arobinson_Trib
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Veteran Keisel settles into role with Steelers
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance