Steelers host Giants, Chiefs in preseason games
For the first time since the 1997 preseason, the Steelers will play the Kansas City Chiefs in an NFL exhibition game, the team announced Thursday.
The Chiefs will visit Heinz Field during the third week of the four-game exhibition schedule. A date and time have not been set.
The Steelers also will play the New York Giants at home in the exhibition opener, the date and time of which also hasn't been determined.
In a nationally televised game, the Steelers will play the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field on Monday, Aug. 19. The game will be televised by ESPN.
The Steelers will conclude exhibition play with a game at the Carolina Panthers. It is the 11th consecutive year the two teams will play a preseason game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell shrugs off Ravens WR’s comments
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- Steelers notebook: Running back Bell OK with play-calling against Ravens
- Four downs: Williams brothers on the rise
- Steelers notebook: Shazier practices, hopes to play Monday at Chargers