Steelers host Giants, Chiefs in preseason games
For the first time since the 1997 preseason, the Steelers will play the Kansas City Chiefs in an NFL exhibition game, the team announced Thursday.
The Chiefs will visit Heinz Field during the third week of the four-game exhibition schedule. A date and time have not been set.
The Steelers also will play the New York Giants at home in the exhibition opener, the date and time of which also hasn't been determined.
In a nationally televised game, the Steelers will play the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field on Monday, Aug. 19. The game will be televised by ESPN.
The Steelers will conclude exhibition play with a game at the Carolina Panthers. It is the 11th consecutive year the two teams will play a preseason game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Safety Collins seeks to buck Alabama DB trend
- NFL Draft preview: Safety crop offers no sure-fire stars
- Steelers legend Blount to announce team’s second-round draft pick
- NFL Draft preview: UCLA’s Kendricks leads deep inside linebacker class
- Miami linebacker Perryman eager to stand tall on draft day
- Wisconsin’s Gordon flashes ahead of the pack
- Steelers wrap up pre-draft visits with four defensive players
- NFL Draft preview: Thin crop of offensive tackles available
- Steelers bring in 2 more cornerbacks for visits
- NFL Draft preview: Running back class is deep, talented
- Steelers open daunting season at Patriots, play 5 prime-time games