Steelers host Giants, Chiefs in preseason games
For the first time since the 1997 preseason, the Steelers will play the Kansas City Chiefs in an NFL exhibition game, the team announced Thursday.
The Chiefs will visit Heinz Field during the third week of the four-game exhibition schedule. A date and time have not been set.
The Steelers also will play the New York Giants at home in the exhibition opener, the date and time of which also hasn't been determined.
In a nationally televised game, the Steelers will play the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field on Monday, Aug. 19. The game will be televised by ESPN.
The Steelers will conclude exhibition play with a game at the Carolina Panthers. It is the 11th consecutive year the two teams will play a preseason game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Steelers offense finding an unprecedented balance when it counts
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Injury-thinned Steelers linebackers corps stands tall in win over Falcons
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin unaware of mumps outbreak in NHL