Steelers host Giants, Chiefs in preseason games
For the first time since the 1997 preseason, the Steelers will play the Kansas City Chiefs in an NFL exhibition game, the team announced Thursday.
The Chiefs will visit Heinz Field during the third week of the four-game exhibition schedule. A date and time have not been set.
The Steelers also will play the New York Giants at home in the exhibition opener, the date and time of which also hasn't been determined.
In a nationally televised game, the Steelers will play the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field on Monday, Aug. 19. The game will be televised by ESPN.
The Steelers will conclude exhibition play with a game at the Carolina Panthers. It is the 11th consecutive year the two teams will play a preseason game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- Steelers’ Mitchell taking cautious approach about dealing with injuries
- Inside the Steelers: Wide array of receiving options shine
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- 2014 showing has Steelers RB Harris confident he belongs
- Steelers notebook: WR Bryant sidelined after minor procedure on right elbow
- Inside the Steelers: QB Jones continues to get majority of snaps
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Inside the Steelers: Roethlisberger strong in goal-line drills
- Steelers notebook: Officials discuss new game ball procedures