Steelers host Giants, Chiefs in preseason games
Published: Thursday, April 4, 2013, 4:24 p.m.
For the first time since the 1997 preseason, the Steelers will play the Kansas City Chiefs in an NFL exhibition game, the team announced Thursday.
The Chiefs will visit Heinz Field during the third week of the four-game exhibition schedule. A date and time have not been set.
The Steelers also will play the New York Giants at home in the exhibition opener, the date and time of which also hasn't been determined.
In a nationally televised game, the Steelers will play the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field on Monday, Aug. 19. The game will be televised by ESPN.
The Steelers will conclude exhibition play with a game at the Carolina Panthers. It is the 11th consecutive year the two teams will play a preseason game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Woodley expects to start Sunday vs. Dolphins
- For Steelers defense, it’s all a matter of trust
- Steelers rookie RB Bell gets respect from teammates, foes alike
- Steelers lineman Adams gets 2nd chance to start
- Steelers notebook: Woodley practices but unsure where he’ll play
- Steelers notebook: Dolphins receiver Wallace takes heat in Miami
- Ex-Steeler WR Wallace: It was a ‘challenge’ for Haley to use me
- Steelers tight end Miller feeling his way back
- Dixon: Tomlin fuss no big deal
- Tomlin expects NFL to discipline him for interfering with kickoff
- Steelers notebook: Team down to third option at key line positions