Steelers host Giants, Chiefs in preseason games
For the first time since the 1997 preseason, the Steelers will play the Kansas City Chiefs in an NFL exhibition game, the team announced Thursday.
The Chiefs will visit Heinz Field during the third week of the four-game exhibition schedule. A date and time have not been set.
The Steelers also will play the New York Giants at home in the exhibition opener, the date and time of which also hasn't been determined.
In a nationally televised game, the Steelers will play the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field on Monday, Aug. 19. The game will be televised by ESPN.
The Steelers will conclude exhibition play with a game at the Carolina Panthers. It is the 11th consecutive year the two teams will play a preseason game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Veteran Keisel settles into role with Steelers
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb