Steelers host Giants, Chiefs in preseason games
For the first time since the 1997 preseason, the Steelers will play the Kansas City Chiefs in an NFL exhibition game, the team announced Thursday.
The Chiefs will visit Heinz Field during the third week of the four-game exhibition schedule. A date and time have not been set.
The Steelers also will play the New York Giants at home in the exhibition opener, the date and time of which also hasn't been determined.
In a nationally televised game, the Steelers will play the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field on Monday, Aug. 19. The game will be televised by ESPN.
The Steelers will conclude exhibition play with a game at the Carolina Panthers. It is the 11th consecutive year the two teams will play a preseason game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Steelers notebook: Team seek ease on West Coast travel
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell could move to replace Polamalu
- Tomlin eyes Steelers’ return to defensive success this season
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Steelers notebook: Cornerback need will wait until draft
- Steelers re-sign LB Harrison to 2-year deal
- Steelers notebook: Harrison return complicated by LeBeau, Titans
- Ex-Steeler Worilds makes ‘faith-based’ decision to move on from football
- Tomlin expects Steelers offense to grow