Steelers' schedule to be released Thursday
The Steelers will learn the time and dates of their 2013 games when the NFL releases its schedule at 8 p.m. Thursday.
The release was bumped back two days because of the various complexities involved in finalizing the schedule.
The Steelers could play host to the league's season-opening game on Sept. 5. The Super Bowl champion Ravens cannot play at home that night because of a conflict with an Orioles home game and thus must open on the road.
The Steelers will play home and away against their AFC North rivals, the Ravens, Browns and Bengals, with home games against the Bills, Dolphins, Bears, Lions and Titans also set. Their road opponents will include the Patriots, Jets, Packers and Raiders, plus a Sept. 29 game against the Vikings in London.
The preseason schedule has been finalized, with the fourth and final game set for Aug. 29 at Carolina, a 7:30 p.m. kickoff. The Steelers will play the Giants (Aug. 10) and Chiefs (Aug. 24) at Heinz Field, both at 7:30 p.m., and at the Redskins on Aug. 19 at 8 p.m.
The Steelers began offseason workouts Monday at their South Side complex, with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger among those attending. Their 10 organized team activity practices, which can be held on the practice field but without contact, are May 21-23, May 28-30 and June 3-6. Their offseason will conclude with a minicamp June 11-13.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers notebook: Running back Bell OK with play-calling against Ravens
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Nothing normal about Steelers’ standard as backups fill vital roles
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz
- Steelers film study: Team finds success blitzing members of secondary
- Steelers notebook: Shazier practices, hopes to play Monday at Chargers