Steelers' schedule to be released Thursday
The Steelers will learn the time and dates of their 2013 games when the NFL releases its schedule at 8 p.m. Thursday.
The release was bumped back two days because of the various complexities involved in finalizing the schedule.
The Steelers could play host to the league's season-opening game on Sept. 5. The Super Bowl champion Ravens cannot play at home that night because of a conflict with an Orioles home game and thus must open on the road.
The Steelers will play home and away against their AFC North rivals, the Ravens, Browns and Bengals, with home games against the Bills, Dolphins, Bears, Lions and Titans also set. Their road opponents will include the Patriots, Jets, Packers and Raiders, plus a Sept. 29 game against the Vikings in London.
The preseason schedule has been finalized, with the fourth and final game set for Aug. 29 at Carolina, a 7:30 p.m. kickoff. The Steelers will play the Giants (Aug. 10) and Chiefs (Aug. 24) at Heinz Field, both at 7:30 p.m., and at the Redskins on Aug. 19 at 8 p.m.
The Steelers began offseason workouts Monday at their South Side complex, with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger among those attending. Their 10 organized team activity practices, which can be held on the practice field but without contact, are May 21-23, May 28-30 and June 3-6. Their offseason will conclude with a minicamp June 11-13.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell could move to replace Polamalu
- Steelers notebook: Team seek ease on West Coast travel
- Steelers notebook: Harrison return complicated by LeBeau, Titans
- Steelers notebook: Cornerback need will wait until draft
- Tomlin eyes Steelers’ return to defensive success this season
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal