Steelers name Kreidler college scouting coordinator
Phil Kreidler is the new college scouting coordinator for the Steelers, succeeding Ron Hughes in the latest move involving the team's player personnel department.
Dave Petett was promoted from college scout to pro/college scout and former Steelers tight end Mark Bruener was hired as a college scout.
Dan Colbert, the son of general manager Kevin Colbert, is a new full-time college/pro scout, and Mike Butler is the team's new scout for the BLESTO scouting combine. Butler's father, Hall of Famer Jack Butler, ran BLESTO for more than 40 years.
Earlier this week, Hall of Fame player Joe Greene retired after serving for nine seasons as a special assistant to Kevin Colbert for pro and college scouting.
Kreidler, a former safety at Furman, spent 22 seasons as a Steelers scout.
Hughes will remain with the Steelers as a senior assistant for college scouting. He was the college scouting coordinator for 10 years following 17 years with the Lions. Hughes is a Charleroi High and California (Pa.) graduate who spent 14 seasons as a Pittsburgh area high school coach.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Harrison eyes stretch run
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Rookie linebacker Chickillo adjusting to role with Steelers
- Steelers not giving up on wresting AFC North from Bengals
- Steelers notebook: Players get back to work after bye
- Analysis: Despite injuries, Steelers well-positioned entering stretch run
- Steelers defense has taken to adjustments made by Butler
- Steelers’ Nix embraces unassuming role