Steelers name Kreidler college scouting coordinator
Phil Kreidler is the new college scouting coordinator for the Steelers, succeeding Ron Hughes in the latest move involving the team's player personnel department.
Dave Petett was promoted from college scout to pro/college scout and former Steelers tight end Mark Bruener was hired as a college scout.
Dan Colbert, the son of general manager Kevin Colbert, is a new full-time college/pro scout, and Mike Butler is the team's new scout for the BLESTO scouting combine. Butler's father, Hall of Famer Jack Butler, ran BLESTO for more than 40 years.
Earlier this week, Hall of Fame player Joe Greene retired after serving for nine seasons as a special assistant to Kevin Colbert for pro and college scouting.
Kreidler, a former safety at Furman, spent 22 seasons as a Steelers scout.
Hughes will remain with the Steelers as a senior assistant for college scouting. He was the college scouting coordinator for 10 years following 17 years with the Lions. Hughes is a Charleroi High and California (Pa.) graduate who spent 14 seasons as a Pittsburgh area high school coach.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Steelers mum on national report involving head of security
- Steelers’ Rooney ‘not expecting a problem’ with new Big Ben deal
- Steelers sign punter Wing to 1-year extension
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not rushing back Polamalu, Taylor
- Steelers’ unrestricted free agent Moats proves worth at linebacker
- Steelers notebook: Intense dislike fuels rivalry
- Steelers’ Mitchell says he’s not making ‘story’ about groin injury
- Steelers’ Allen looks to rebuild confidence after disappointing season
- Steelers rookie WR Bryant accelerates learning curve in NFL