Steelers announce training camp schedule
The Steelers announced their full training camp schedule Thursday, and it's highlighted with 16 practices open to the public, including two at night.
The team will report to St. Vincent College on July 26 with the first full practice scheduled for the next day. Under collective bargaining rules, the first two sessions — July 27-28 — will be with helmets and shorts only.
The Steelers will hold night practices at Latrobe's Memorial Stadium at 7 on Aug. 2 and at St. Vincent College at 5:30 on Aug. 14.
The team will break camp Aug. 18 with the final practice open to the public being Aug. 17.
— Mark Kaboly
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers’ fourth-round pick Grant relies on smarts to get job done
- Steelers are banking on linebackers to improve strength of defense
- Kaboly: Steelers fill biggest needs by drafting defensive players
- Steelers get their corner with Mississippi’s Golson
- Penn State tight end James, a South Allegheny grad, goes to Steelers in 5th round
- Steeler draft analysis: There’s no excuse for no 1st-round cornerback
- Steelers notebook: Harrison will play fewer snaps this season
- Steelers introduce No. 1 pick Dupree
- Steelers take Kentucky OLB Dupree with 1st-round pick in draft
- Steelers draft WR from Auburn in 3rd round
- Steelers focus on defense on final day of NFL Draft