Roethlisberger bothered by right knee
If there was unexpected start-of-camp injury news, it was that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has “a little discomfort” in his right knee.
Roethlisberger had clean-up arthroscopic surgery last month and, during a recent visit to London to promote the Steelers' game against the Vikings, said his knee felt better than ever.
Asked if the ongoing irritation was a problem, Tomlin said, “No, no.” Roethlisberger did not speak to reporters.
Right tackle Mike Adams has been cleared medically after being stabbed in the forearm and abdomen seven weeks ago.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack