Steelers cancel practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
One of the most-anticipated events of Steelers training camp isn't going to happen this year.
The Steelers will not hold their annual night practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium on Friday. Instead, the Steelers will hold the practice at St. Vincent during the late afternoon.
The Steelers also have a late afternoon practice scheduled for St. Vincent on Aug. 14.
The Friday practice is free to the public and will be held at 5:25 p.m.
“Unfortunately, the grass surface at Latrobe Memorial Stadium suffered an unexpected disease and we do not want to jeopardize the surface for the 2013 Latrobe High School games,” Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said in a statement. “We still want to provide the great Steelers fans of Westmoreland County the opportunity to still enjoy our team practice as well as enjoy the many fan-friendly activities that go along with our annual night practice, but we felt it was better to move the event to campus for this year. We look forward to returning to Latrobe Memorial Stadium next year.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers film session: Missed tackles prove costly
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- Steelers’ Brown combats disruptive defensive ploys
- Steelers’ Bell gets bulk of team’s touches
- Steelers notebook: NFL fines Brown for kick to face
- Steelers game changers: Steelers fooled by Ravens’ play action
- Steelers notebook: Defense sags in NFL rankings because of struggles against the run