Steelers cancel practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
One of the most-anticipated events of Steelers training camp isn't going to happen this year.
The Steelers will not hold their annual night practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium on Friday. Instead, the Steelers will hold the practice at St. Vincent during the late afternoon.
The Steelers also have a late afternoon practice scheduled for St. Vincent on Aug. 14.
The Friday practice is free to the public and will be held at 5:25 p.m.
“Unfortunately, the grass surface at Latrobe Memorial Stadium suffered an unexpected disease and we do not want to jeopardize the surface for the 2013 Latrobe High School games,” Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said in a statement. “We still want to provide the great Steelers fans of Westmoreland County the opportunity to still enjoy our team practice as well as enjoy the many fan-friendly activities that go along with our annual night practice, but we felt it was better to move the event to campus for this year. We look forward to returning to Latrobe Memorial Stadium next year.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- Steelers notebook: New kicker Scobee relishes opportunity
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Steelers’ Tomlin disappointed by Bryant suspension
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers
- Steelers WR Bryant’s suspension upheld
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben