Steelers cancel practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
One of the most-anticipated events of Steelers training camp isn't going to happen this year.
The Steelers will not hold their annual night practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium on Friday. Instead, the Steelers will hold the practice at St. Vincent during the late afternoon.
The Steelers also have a late afternoon practice scheduled for St. Vincent on Aug. 14.
The Friday practice is free to the public and will be held at 5:25 p.m.
“Unfortunately, the grass surface at Latrobe Memorial Stadium suffered an unexpected disease and we do not want to jeopardize the surface for the 2013 Latrobe High School games,” Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said in a statement. “We still want to provide the great Steelers fans of Westmoreland County the opportunity to still enjoy our team practice as well as enjoy the many fan-friendly activities that go along with our annual night practice, but we felt it was better to move the event to campus for this year. We look forward to returning to Latrobe Memorial Stadium next year.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Run game needed for balance vs. Seahawks
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Steelers not giving up on wresting AFC North from Bengals
- Rookie linebacker Chickillo adjusting to role with Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Players get back to work after bye
- Starkey: Johnston will pay if Penguins don’t score