Steelers cancel practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
By Mark Kaboly
Published: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 6:27 p.m.
One of the most-anticipated events of Steelers training camp isn't going to happen this year.
The Steelers will not hold their annual night practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium on Friday. Instead, the Steelers will hold the practice at St. Vincent during the late afternoon.
The Steelers also have a late afternoon practice scheduled for St. Vincent on Aug. 14.
The Friday practice is free to the public and will be held at 5:25 p.m.
“Unfortunately, the grass surface at Latrobe Memorial Stadium suffered an unexpected disease and we do not want to jeopardize the surface for the 2013 Latrobe High School games,” Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said in a statement. “We still want to provide the great Steelers fans of Westmoreland County the opportunity to still enjoy our team practice as well as enjoy the many fan-friendly activities that go along with our annual night practice, but we felt it was better to move the event to campus for this year. We look forward to returning to Latrobe Memorial Stadium next year.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: TE Spaeth activated for stretch run
- For Steelers defense, it’s all a matter of trust
- Steelers notebook: Woodley expects to start Sunday vs. Dolphins
- Steelers lineman Adams gets 2nd chance to start
- Video shows new angle of sideline play involving Steelers coach Tomlin
- Browns’ Campbell dismisses Roethlisberger trade rumors
- Robinson: Cold, hard truth about Manning
- Steelers Film Session: Ravens latest to target Taylor
- Steelers place center Velasco on IR with torn Achilles
- Steelers awaiting penalties for Tomlin in sideline incident
- Dixon: Tomlin fuss no big deal