Steelers cancel practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
One of the most-anticipated events of Steelers training camp isn't going to happen this year.
The Steelers will not hold their annual night practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium on Friday. Instead, the Steelers will hold the practice at St. Vincent during the late afternoon.
The Steelers also have a late afternoon practice scheduled for St. Vincent on Aug. 14.
The Friday practice is free to the public and will be held at 5:25 p.m.
“Unfortunately, the grass surface at Latrobe Memorial Stadium suffered an unexpected disease and we do not want to jeopardize the surface for the 2013 Latrobe High School games,” Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said in a statement. “We still want to provide the great Steelers fans of Westmoreland County the opportunity to still enjoy our team practice as well as enjoy the many fan-friendly activities that go along with our annual night practice, but we felt it was better to move the event to campus for this year. We look forward to returning to Latrobe Memorial Stadium next year.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Taylor recovering from forearm surgery
- Steelers sign former star LB Harrison; Tomlin talks ‘different climate’
- Steelers defense must replace 3 injured starters after victory
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Steelers film session: Old-fashioned power football produces victory
- Steelers Lookahead: Struggling 0-3 Bucs come to town
- Steelers notebook: Running game kept Panthers guessing
- Steelers notebook: Rooney says owners support Goodell
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Game changers: Turnover leads to elusive TD for Steelers
- Offense awakens to lead Steelers past Panthers