Steelers cancel practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
One of the most-anticipated events of Steelers training camp isn't going to happen this year.
The Steelers will not hold their annual night practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium on Friday. Instead, the Steelers will hold the practice at St. Vincent during the late afternoon.
The Steelers also have a late afternoon practice scheduled for St. Vincent on Aug. 14.
The Friday practice is free to the public and will be held at 5:25 p.m.
“Unfortunately, the grass surface at Latrobe Memorial Stadium suffered an unexpected disease and we do not want to jeopardize the surface for the 2013 Latrobe High School games,” Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said in a statement. “We still want to provide the great Steelers fans of Westmoreland County the opportunity to still enjoy our team practice as well as enjoy the many fan-friendly activities that go along with our annual night practice, but we felt it was better to move the event to campus for this year. We look forward to returning to Latrobe Memorial Stadium next year.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- 5 storylines Steelers are facing entering offseason
- Steelers LBs Jones, Shazier vow to grow from tough seasons
- Steelers’ unrestricted free agent Moats proves worth at linebacker
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers